Traction Control - ESC/ASR & HDA switch retrofit

Traction Control Switch has only illumination light inside. According to ERWIN wiring diagram there is no indication light.
Why do you want your switch to indicate it if you are getting this via Instrument Cluster dedicated LED?

On a side note, HDA switch has indication light built in but even if this is wired in it still doesn't work.

View attachment 145514
The problem was that I did not have a light on the button when the ignition was on. (like the rest of the buttons)
I had taken the wrong wire for 12v from the start / stop button. I got light in the button now :)

TCS switch and HDA switch have no lights connected to ignition.
Illumination of all dash switches is connected to side lights.
What are you trying to achieve?

Reactions: mmi
TCS switch and HDA switch have no lights connected to ignition.
Illumination of all dash switches is connected to side lights.
What are you trying to achieve?
I tried to get illumination light.
I used a black 12v from the start / stop button.
But I see that when I turn off the ignition all buttons light up except the TC button. TC button only when the ignition is on.

I tried to get illumination light.
I used a black 12v from the start / stop button.
Grey/blue wire (pin 3) from start/stop button is the dash button illumination power (and brown for ground (pin 6)).

Hi, So did you guy's found a way to stop ESP/ESC ?
I have 4motion TSI and very intrested in that mode for snow.

At the moment i have put a switch on 20A the fuse from ( ABS, 4motion...) and if I turn it quick ON and OFF and Back to ON it disable the ESP/ESC.
but only way to turn it on again is turning off engine and start it again. A bit annoying.
I Also have the light of tyre pressure on same time as ESP is Off.

If I leave the switch OFF then it disable (ABS, ASR, ESP, 4MOtion and tyre pressure ( Christmas tree on the dash).

Last edited:
Yes I saw this video but it does not show how to enable that. Or did I miss the mod explanation ?
Amazing work to get that working like OEM!!! Very Nice

Last edited:
To get ESC OFF via TCS switch you need to apply the following to your ABS coding
Byte 15
Bit 6 -> 1
Bit 7 -> 0

Work with OEM TCS switch? I have 4motion with OEM TCS switch.
Just that coding with VCDS! Wow Amazing I'm so grateful.
Big Thank's

PS:at the moment my OEM TCS switch only disable ASR.

My TCS OEM switch was doing ASR OFF and once I have applied the above coding modification I now have ESC OFF instead of ASR OFF.

This modification not only works on all T6 but on all vehicles with MK100 ABS (Caddy, Amarok included).

• Love
This modification not only works on all T6 but on all vehicles with MK100 ABS (Caddy, Amarok included).
14675409-33BF-496B-BB69-AC68432BD8D3.jpeg

Confirm the setting works :cool:

Will go out later for some slow speed careful testing of breaks, hdc etc

And have you switched your side lights on during your test?
Side lights? I had light in the start / stop button but not TC button as both were connected blue / gray wire pin3. How many volts should there be on the blue / gray wire when the ignition on?

Will go out later for some slow speed careful testing of breaks, hdc etc
As far as I can tell, works as intended.

When ESC is on I didn’t notice any change to prior behavior - that’s good.

When ESC is off ASR is definitely off and easy to get wheel spin. Also got van to swerve in acceleration, I think this tells ESC was actually off and there’s the difference to just normal ASR off. Should find an empty parking lot at night to try it better ;). ABS stays on anyway.

HDC seemed to work normally even when ESC was off, though the hill I tried it on was not extreme. Rather steep and snowy but all in all there was still plenty of traction. So this quick mini test did not reveal if there would have been differences near to losing grip.

Having tested this a bit I might return back to normal ASR button though. That seems to do enough for my needs - I don’t have a real need to turn ESC off. I just like to have the secret settings revealed, try out a bit and see what sticks and what does not.

Thanks @Robert!

Back