Traction Control - ESC/ASR & HDA switch retrofit

Any tips on removing the cover off the plug to access the pins? I've got the plug off the abs module but I don't want to break the cover taking it off.
Just lift the back cover of the plug where all wiring is entering and then release pink catches on both sides.

Just lift the back cover of the plug where all wiring is entering and then release pink catches on both sides.
Hi Robert thanks for the speedy reply! The cover wasn't budging I even tryed prying it off with a screwdriver but I didn't want to break it. There's definitely no clips or catches? I'll give it another go tomorrow , I had to get the van running again so battery box back in now.
Thanks again :)

Ok, before I return the forum VCDS cable I need to do this, a quick question, is it ok to do the coding and do the wiring in a couple of weeks?

In other words having Traction control and hill decent buttons coded to be there without them being there - should not cause any problems?

Ok, before I return the forum VCDS cable I need to do this, a quick question, is it ok to do the coding and do the wiring in a couple of weeks?

In other words having Traction control and hill decent buttons coded to be there without them being there - should not cause any problems?
Yes, that is fine. Do coding first and then wiring later. No problem ;)

OK, so just so I'm clear (slight panic before coding the ABS controller...)

Traction Control (coding) = BYTE-15 = D3 > 93

Hill Decent (coding) = BYTE-6 = 84 > ?

Happy to work in HEX on this...:)

Hi all
Anyone in or around Yorkshire that can install, wire and code that you can recommend and how much do you reckon it'll cost all in?
Cheers

Mmmm, that didn't go too well... Managed to activate the traction control coding, that all went in ok

When I tried to activate the HDA coding (BYTE-6 or BYTE-14) I get an error message from VCDS and a warning beep form the dashboard followed
by all the traction control warning lamps flashing!

Is it possible its not supported on my Shuttle?

HDA rejected coding.png

Ah, and there could be a second issue.
Which Engine do you have ?
Only the new EU6 Engine supports the HDA ...
If you have a EU5 Engine, than the ECU Firmware needs to be patched, to support this feature.

Back