Traction Control - ESC/ASR & HDA switch retrofit

I bought 2 new switches (7E0927134B & 7E0941435D)and 2 second hand plugs(4D0971636? I had to trim some notches)
with 000979009E pre-crimped wires and paid in total approximately €40=£36;)

Then everything wired in and applied the following coding to the ABS unit.
Traction control off - Byte 15 bit 6 from 1 to 0 (already mentioned here by Dennis)
Hill descent assist - Byte 6 bit 1 from 0 to 1 & Byte 14 bit 6 from 0 to 1 (credit to @dnoermann again)

I can't say what terminals I have added to the ABS unit plug cause I found them in my old stock and I have no idea what was the part number:thumbsdown:

Reactions: mmi
In my case there was only need to run 2 wires(blue/white & yellow) to the ABS unit.
I presume grey wire (feedback to HDA switch indication light) is required only
for lower range instrument cluster without green HDA indication light.

20190915_174407.jpg

In my case there was only need to run 2 wires(blue/white & yellow) to the ABS unit.
I presume grey wire (feedback to HDA switch indication light) is required only
for lower range instrument cluster without green HDA indication light.
Probably, but there is no way to get that indicator in the Switch to be illuminated via that Grey Cable from ABS.
In 2019 Scematic VW removed the grey cable.

You are right, I was curious and I ran that gray wire to my HDA switch and as you can see in my previous video it doesn't light up.
So, is this green indication light present in all types of instrument clusters?

Another interesting thing I have noticed is the following.
When I switch ON ignition only and I press traction OFF switch I am getting "traction control deactivated" message on its own in my instrument cluster.
But when the engine is running I am getting the same message followed by "front assist not available",
so, as you already discovered, engine control unit is a very important element of front radar system setup.

I can confirm this Information :)
It looks like FontAssist in generall is only checked for functionality when engine is running.
On my still not working ACC/Frontassist Setup, with ignition on, Frontassist seems to be ok, the error that is does not work earlyest appears after engine on.
ACC Error is show directly after ignition on.

Does the traction control switch work on any T6 ( 2016 150bhp Highline ), with the wiring and switch added, or does it depend on ABS unit fitted to the vehicle?
Thank you for your help.

Yes, it will work on every T6 with no factory switch.
You need to wire in the switch and also change the coding.;)

Can you confirm coding, have wired it in coding seems right but does not work. Pin 4 to abs unit with ignition power supply to switch!

You need to count from right to left, starting from bit zero.;)
In your case:
bit 0 is 1
bit 1 is 1
bit 2 is 0
bit 3 is 0
bit 4 is 1
bit 5 is 0
bit 6 is 1 to be changed to 0
bit 7 is 1

Back