TPMS and new wheels..

Mike1969

T6 Pro
Hi - just about to fit some Devonports on to my 2019 Shuttle which came with steel wheels. Quick question - will the new wheels sync / recognize my van re TPMS or will the warning light come on once I’ve fitted them? Clearly I’d check pressures and ‘store’ in the normal way - my question is more will it all work as normal? Cheers, Mike

your TPMS is handled by the abs module. The light will probably come on, just store the new settings and all will be fine.

Hi - just about to fit some Devonports on to my 2019 Shuttle which came with steel wheels. Quick question - will the new wheels sync / recognize my van re TPMS or will the warning light come on once I’ve fitted them? Clearly I’d check pressures and ‘store’ in the normal way - my question is more will it all work as normal? Cheers, Mike
@Mike1969 What size steel wheels came on your shuttle.... are you selling them??

@Mike1969 What size steel wheels came on your shuttle.... are you selling them??
Hi - thanks for the message. ‘Maybe’ - I’ll know more in a week or so. Picking the alloys up at 1pm today so very early days. Need to decide whether keeping steels for winter tyres or whether storing 4 wheels at my place is just a pain.

215/60 R17C off a 2019 T6 T32 - done about 9000 miles. All original Conti’s 104H rated for the T32. Fronts are about half life (5mm - I’ll measure them properly if we get that far). Backs are like new. Van has never carried weight. Steels are in v good condition as you’d expect for 2019.

What do you think is a fair price on here? Keep in touch as it’s more 70:30 they will be for sale. Cheers, Mike

Hi - thanks for the message. ‘Maybe’ - I’ll know more in a week or so. Picking the alloys up at 1pm today so very early days. Need to decide whether keeping steels for winter tyres or whether storing 4 wheels at my place is just a pain.

215/60 R17C off a 2019 T6 T32 - done about 9000 miles. All original Conti’s 104H rated for the T32. Fronts are about half life (5mm - I’ll measure them properly if we get that far). Backs are like new. Van has never carried weight. Steels are in v good condition as you’d expect for 2019.

What do you think is a fair price on here? Keep in touch as it’s more 70:30 they will be for sale. Cheers, Mike
Not sure on a fair price mate.... maybe someone like @Tourershine would be your best bet for thar info?
I’m sure about one thing, you won’t struggle to sell them on here, to me or someone else!
Maybe get a picture up of the wheels?
Oh and to use the ‘for sale‘ section you’ll need to join up as a VIP member :thumbsup:

17" steels vary in price, but a reasonable set with quality matching tyres that have life left, should fetch around £200 on here providing they aren't rusted out, which they shouldn't be as 2019 steels.
Spare wheels are always handy to keep if you have space, and will be ideal if you ever need to re-furb your alloys, or like you say, for winter hacks.

A nice set of 4 went for £155 on ebay last week. Another set of 5 are at £205 with a couple of days to go.

Thanks guys. Upon reflection I think they’re worth more to me than the open market value. 2 of the tyres are as new, measuring 7.5mm and as they’re the same size as the Devonports I could simply take them off the steels and put them on the alloys in about 20,000 miles or whatever I get. Those tyres are £140 each on Blackcirles. Plus having steels to put winter tyres on is really handy. Cheers for all the replies / info - much appreciated. Mike

A nice set of 4 went for £155 on ebay last week. Another set of 5 are at £205 with a couple of days to go.
Decided to keep my steels but I thought it was wise to reply to just highlight to any member considering that set of 5 at £205 on eBay - fitted with ‘economy’ Tracmax tyres - or as we used to call them back in the early 90s ‘ditch finders’. Take care

Back