New wheels TPMS in Old Wherls

C4S

T6 Pro
Please help,

I’m having new tyres fitted tmrw and something just popped into my thoughts, the new wheels are bare as new no valves nothing.

The Devinports from the factory presumably have the TPMS sensors in them,
What do I need to do to make them work ?

Basically I need to get them out of the old into the new, and get them reading correctly,
How do they attach ?

So many questions and I have no clue so please help ?

Many thanks

You only need to worry about the valves if you’ve got direct TPMS showing the actual pressures in the tyres.

If not, you have indirect and it uses the ABS sensor, not a sensor in the valve.

If you’ve got a T6 it’s 99.9% that you’ve got indirect, but might be direct on T6.1

If it is direct, the tyre fitter can either take the valves out of the devonports and reuse them, or if that isn’t an option, you’ll need new valves. Genuine VW ones will self pair with the van after a short while.

Hi, thanks for your reply, It is 6.1 and only two weeks old, I don’t suppose you know how much the valves are do you ? Roughly ?

I’m not sure which one I do have, I can have a look in the morning see what it says on the dash re the values and differences,

Thansk

I’ll let you know what I find,

The valves are somewhere around the £300 mark for a set of 4 from VW.

You might be able to use after market and have them programmed in, your tyre fitter should be able to advise on that.

Post in thread 'T6.1 TPMS sensors'
T6.1 TPMS sensors

About £100 for a set of 4, exactly the same as VW TPMS valves. No need to have them programmed, just fit & they get picked up by the system automatically

Back