Towing a caravan and carrying bikes.

If it's a big van (mines 1900KGs) and you load up a lot in the T6 then I'd go for 150 rather than 102. Like many I take way more stuff than is needed camping.

I have DSG and drive it manually when towing as it's rare for me to get into 6th let alone 7th gear. At 56mph it's usually happier in 5th. I suspect a 102 wouldn't get out of 4th except downhill.
Can you tell me how you drive it manually? I have a DSG and tow a small van. I've never driven it manually but it would have been useful to be in a lower gear than the engine thinks as I can see the road!!

Can you tell me how you drive it manually? I have a DSG and tow a small van. I've never driven it manually but it would have been useful to be in a lower gear than the engine thinks as I can see the road!!
You can use the gear lever by moving it to the right and then pushing forward/back. Or if you have paddle shifts on your steering wheel then you can change gear with them like I do.

You can use the gear lever by moving it to the right and then pushing forward/back. Or if you have paddle shifts on your steering wheel then you can change gear with them like I do.
Ah! That's it! It's coming back to me now. Thank you.

I never used manual mode. Sport was sufficient when towing if it got steep or twisty as it holds onto the lower gears for longer.

D is eco orientated, so will put you in a higher gear as soon as possible. S holds onto the lower gears for longer, keeping the engine revs where the most torque is produced for more responsive acceleration, or pulling up hill.

Don't overthink it. You won't break anything. Just try it and see what works for you.

D is eco orientated, so will put you in a higher gear as soon as possible. S holds onto the lower gears for longer, keeping the engine revs where the most torque is produced for more responsive acceleration, or pulling up hill.

Don't overthink it. You won't break anything. Just try it and see what works for you.
Cheers for that

Back