Towbar which one to go for?

I had 13 pin electrics so that prob accounts for the price difference, where abouts in Devon are you @Dave67 ?

I got mine done locally at Tamar Towing Centre the place my main dealer sends them to be done in Plymouth cost £457.50 + vat = 549 inc
They are not mobile dropped of in the morning picked up in the afternoon

Got my Westfalia detachable Tow bar fitted at Tamar Towing Centre for £490 (inc VAT) and even booked the courtesy car to spend a day shopping in Plymouth. Well impressed with their service and the 25p/mile they charged me for the car.

Thanks for the advice, Pauly

I've had dealer ones on my cars but the last one was Witter fitted at a dealer. I'm not sure there is lot in it between a VW one and after market one now though if you get one get a detachable

The OE option fitted with a Highline and therefore alarm sets the alarm off if the trailer is unplugged. Not only does this help protect a trailer but if you make an extension to use with a towball bike rack you can wrap it around the bike(s) to help protect them.

So I guess the Westfalia system with the coded electric will have the same functionality when it is updated.

The brand/style of towbar doesnt make a difference, as long as the proper vehicle specific wiring kit and VW module is used and coded in correctly it will function as per factory fit including tow bar protection

Had a removable Westfalia towbar fitted by Tamar Towing yesterday, same spec and price as Paul67. Much cheaper than the dealer quoted, either for a VW fit or a third party one fitted for them.

Have to say it's a long time since I've dealt with such a pleasant, courteous company both on the phone and on site. They were great. One of the director's Tim came out after to admire the internal bike rack I've fitted (the company have their own T5 Kombi) and thank me for my custom. I said I'd found them via this forum and would be recommending them.

Fitting took 3 hrs which was quicker than the bike ride up to Tavistock on the new Drake Trail, largely because we were side tracked by great coffee and still warm sticky buns at the Dartmoor Bakery at Yelverton, 50m off the route.

If you chose to have fitted there I can't recommend them enough, or the fascinating and easy ride up onto the moor which is accessed from a bike path off the back of the industrial estate.

Drake Trail details here

http://www.drakestrail.co.uk/pdfs/dt-main-leaflet-2013.pdf

Got my westfalia detachable with 7 pin dedicated elecs and coded by a mobile fitter in northwest for £450 Inc vat, pm me for his details, I know he regularly makes trips to Birmingham and North East. Really sound guy fitted on my driveway.

Bought the bumper strengthener from the dealer separately for £20 which he also fitted whilst installing.

@T6 dork liking the workshop!:thumbsup: May I ask what make the lift is? As thinking:thumbsdown: about getting rid of my 4post as need more room!:whistle:

@T6 dork , liking the ramps! :thumbsup: Have to have a look for them, as I prefer those with full smooth access under vehicle. :) I see you've raise the roof as well :thumbsup: Nice cave you have there, wish mine was so clear :whistle:

westfalia for me.. the T6 is factory supplied but my T5 has a westfalia also that was fitted but vw approved fitter which was then warranted..
His rate was £150 per day regardless of what he is doing.. (he wired some other mods for me too.. camera etc)

Westfalia detatchable towbar being fitted 2moz full function 13pin electrics Mobil fitting service from united Towbars £569 all in best I could find around this area only charged me extra £20 to go full function 13pin so couldn't grumble at that

Back