Towbar wiring - towbar prep ?

DIXIE

VIP Member
hi
I was wondering if anyone could help. I'm looking to fit a towbar to my T6 2017. And there are a number of towbar electrics available. There are ones with and without towbar prep. I was wondering how do I find out if my vehicle has the wiring prep or do I need the full electrics. Any advice is appreciated

Check the build sheet i sent you a few months back, all options are listed on it so it will show with (1Y7) or without (1Y0) towbar wiring

Check the build sheet i sent you a few months back, all options are listed on it so it will show with (1Y7) or without (1Y0) towbar wiring
There is a code on the sticker in the handbook or under the dash for towing prep
Thank you

Thank you

I am looking to have a towbar fitted and have been told the van (6.1) has towbar preparation. How much easier does this make the job? ie what preparation is in place?

The tow bar module is already fitted and coded to the van. All the cables are already fused and run to the back of the van behind the N/S cluster. Your new loom will just plug in here and you’ll have to de pin the parking sensor plug (if you have them) and add them to the tow bar plug.

The tow bar module is already fitted and coded to the van. All the cables are already fused and run to the back of the van behind the N/S cluster. Your new loom will just plug in here and you’ll have to de pin the parking sensor plug (if you have them) and add them to the tow bar plug.
Thanks Deaky, yea, got parking sensors and reversing camera. Sounds like I should fit things myself if there is no running cables or coding required. Sounds like the Tow Trust TVW9VK is ideal if you don't need the bumper support etc.

Thanks Deaky, yea, got parking sensors and reversing camera. Sounds like I should fit things myself if there is no running cables or coding required. Sounds like the Tow Trust TVW9VK is ideal if you don't need the bumper support etc.
Yeah, I have that tow trust bar. Easy to fit.

Please excuse me for jumping on the thread, I am looking to fit a towbar and also fresh fish knowing what is what. How do i find out if my van is prepped or not? Also are there any recommendaitons for which towbar to fit, my van is a T6 2017 highline t30, cheers
Dan

Have a look at your build sticker if you find 1D0 you don't have prep. If you have 1D7 then you do.

Have a look at your build sticker if you find 1D0 you don't have prep. If you have 1D7 then you do.

Got it, so states 1D0, So in light of this what would be the best route to take to get a towbar fitted with correct wiring. guessing from what i have read i will need to run new wiring or alike, any advice appreciated, cheers

Aftermarket dedicated tow bar wiring kit runs along the underside of the van up into the engine bay to connect to the battery then across the engine bay, through the firewall on the drivers side to connect to the BCM. There is also a branch through the grommet under the passenger seat.

Back