Towbar Swap

Highline

Commercial Catering Engineer
T6 Pro
would it be possible and cost effective for someone to remove and de wire the removable towbar from my wife’s t6 swb kombi and re install on my new lwb kombi, or buy a new kit for my new van? ??

Any help appreciated.

Lee

I'd personally buy another kit. The cost isn't that bad it's the fitting that's a pain.
Removal would also be a faff.

Retrofit with westfalia factory parts.

Yes its possible. We often swap Towbars for customers at the dealers when they upgrade there van. Keeps the cost down and normally wins the deal for the sales guys. We do loads of dealer work.

Are there any towbar installers in Aberdeen that anyone can recommend?

Lee

I have westfalia fixed is it straight swap for a detachable does anyone know?

Last edited:
Now you’ve lost me basically you’re saying change everything ?

I just wanted to see if the bar was a straight swap and leave the electrics as I don’t see the need to touch them.

Yes exactly. If it was me I would swap the bar from old to new but leave the electrics behind and have these fitted new.

Adding a post to an existing thread leads to confusion - the thread started as removing towbar and electrics from one vehicle and placement on another vehicle! The latest query is just one vehicle.

Adding a post to an existing thread leads to confusion - the thread started as removing towbar and electrics from one vehicle and placement on another vehicle! The latest query is just one vehicle.

I think the query is about a tow bar swap which aligns to the title of the post? I think there are worse deviations on the forum ?

It is you that cannot understand why the advice offered did not align with your query - the advice to replace the electrics was in view of the original post. That is why it is better to start a new thread so that people are not talking at cross purposes. You have asked the same question again concerning leaving old electrics and adding new ones - this wasn't the case with the original post and the majority of the thread. It makes a clear distinction between two different scenarios with a new thread.

It is you that cannot understand why the advice offered did not align with your query - the advice to replace the electrics was in view of the original post. That is why it is better to start a new thread so that people are not talking at cross purposes. You have asked the same question again concerning leaving old electrics and adding new ones - this wasn't the case with the original post and the majority of the thread. It makes a clear distinction between two different scenarios with a new thread.

I agree and understands hence why quoting clarifies

Back