Towbar probs

IMG_2991.PNG Mine is a tow trust bar
Only use it for work so not bothered about the look and it make the bumper feel more solid . I just need to get my reversing light back on it

I had mine coded on but they used a towbar coding box . They say it is coded but the parking sensors don't switch off when I put it in reverse. If I unplug the socket with the alarm on it goes of so something must be working . Should I get a light on the dash when plugged in or any other sign it is coded . I only have rear sensors if that make any difference .
They have used the dedicated kit and all the lights work ok.

No light on dash but if anything is connected the radio display changes when you select reverse and doesn't show normal sensor display but indicates a trailer is connected instead

Thanks it looks like I will need to get it done with the VCDS . I still want a rear camera so could get them done at the same time.

No light on dash but if anything is connected the radio display changes when you select reverse and doesn't show normal sensor display but indicates a trailer is connected instead
Just for info, factory fitted removable bar. This is the display when selecting reverse.

IMG_6490.JPG IMG_6491.JPG

When a tow bar is fitted aftermarket with 13 pin socket I presume modern caravans must have some control method integrated not to overcharge the battery? In other words does a blue motion CTEK split charger have to be installed when towing a caravan with 13 pin socket? (Or only when charging a second battery onboard the T6) Thanks

Hi Guys, resurrecting an old post, I have the westfalia detatchable with the 13pin right connections kit. I had it coded in by Indespension and lights all work and the trailer shows its connected when you put it in reverse. I did try unplugging my light board when van was locked and I couldn't get the alarm to sound, is there something I need to do to confirm the alarm is armed?

If any of you have tried this can you confirm if it also does it with an LED light board, It says it won't in the manual but don't know in practice.

Thanks

Here is the write-up that I did for enabling the Westfalia (Right Connections) module on my 2016 T6...

This was done using Ross Tech VCDS Release 17.1.3 Data version 20170220 DS267.3 with USB interface registered full version not ‘Lite’

Connect and open VCDS, with vehicle ignition switched on select control module ‘19 CAN Gateway’

From CAN Gateway window select ‘Installation List’

In Installation List window scroll down and locate ’69 Trailer’ then tick the selection box beside that.

Save coding.

Exit module 19

Now select module ‘10 Park/Steer Assist’

Select ‘Security Access’

Hover mouse over Security access entry and note number that shows in ‘call out’. Insert that number in requester box.

Click ‘Do It!’

You should then get an acknowledgement ‘Security Code Accepted’. OK that.

IMPORTANT – Make a note of original coding before proceeding!!

Now select ‘Coding’

Then select ‘Long Coding Helper’

In ‘Long Coding Helper’ window change bits 1-3 from ‘Trailer Hitch not installed’ to ‘Trailer hitch installed (fixed/removable)’ available from the dropdown options.

Close ‘Long Coding Helper’ window

The new coding should appear in the changed coding box. Now click ‘Do It!’ in the controller window.

You should then get an acknowledgement ‘Code Accepted’.

Exit Module 10 and test tow bar electrics for correct operation.

That may not be the perfect wording for this operation but will get the intelligent user by.

Rod
Thanks - this was exactly what I needed and I'm all up and running.

Back