Top-dash cig-socket removal?

I've tried getting my fingers in to pull fuse 11, but unable to do so. Did you have to remove any of the facial to get access to the fuse?
Sorry that's a nope it looked like taking the whole thing out. I think i managed to get a screw driver in there and just flicked it out. Getting it back in i had to use bluetac on a screw driver. photo posted above.

the 3pin connector in in that bit of grey foam . . . . that will disconnect the short 6" wire from the plug . . . . . from that main loom.

20180511_142501.jpg

I presume the grey wire is the ground, red wire power in from the fuse board, what's the brown wire for?

Thanks. By illumination do you mean like that orange outside circle that lights up on some cars? My top socket doesnt have illumination, or am I mis-understanding something?
If I was to replace the 12v cig lighter socket with a usb outlet, like the guy above, do they have an illumination input?

Thanks. By illumination do you mean like that orange outside circle that lights up on some cars? My top socket doesnt have illumination, or am I mis-understanding something?
If I was to replace the 12v cig lighter socket with a usb outlet, like the guy above, do they have an illumination input?
@Dellmassive will know for sure, but the USB sockets I’ve seen just seem to pick up their illumination from the feed itself, meaning your battery could be run down. This is likely by design so that the user knows the socket is powered.

Back