Top 10 Most Unreliable Cars.

I’m not surprised at the no. 1 spot but, reading some of the forums, I’m surprised JLR don’t have more in the top 10 - I think the main issue is the amount of electronics they put into the cars meaning there is a lot more to go wrong. One of my mates has been a Land Rover fan for years but has just had a 3 year love hate relationship with his Disco Sport with a catalogue of errors, mainly electronics, and has vowed never to buy a JLR car again.

That said, if my experience with my Defender is anything to go by, they are pretty good at dealing with any warranty issues.

It's such a shame that a British car manufacture has 3 of the top 10.
One of the big reasons I purchased my previous Vauxhall Vivaro was because it was built in Britain, with a large percentage of the parts made locally according to Vauxhalls Sales pitch, and I try to support our manufacturing industry as much as 1 person can, but seriously :(

Drive in France, every other car is French. Germany, German, Italy, Italian, and so on. How do we get certain things so wrong in some manufacturing?

Edit: 4 of the top 10 actually.. The Mini. Although my wife's Mini has been brilliant, and i'm collecting her new one on Thursday.

Last edited:
Before I even opened link I was going to post RR sport, having owned a supercharged sport from new it was without question the worst car I have ever owned for every reason you could possibly think of.

As for Vauxhall they are now French ............

Last edited:
It's a shame JLR stuff gets lumped together, I've had 3 Jags and they've been reliable, classy and good to drive. The Range Rover "sport" though is an unreliable trashy glitter box, driven round here mainly by women who can't see over the steering wheel, and can't turn it far enough so that they end up coming round blind corners a foot over the white line and then glare at you for having the temerity to be coming round the corner at a time when they needed both lanes. Hateful sh&&boxes.

I've just bought a Jaguar E pace for the wife which I believe shares a lot of parts with the Range Rover range.
Sorry I read this thread now.:(
Although in saying that, we had an Range Rover Evoque and it never missed a beat in over 40k miles.

I've just bought a Jaguar E pace for the wife which I believe shares a lot of parts with the Range Rover range.
Sorry I read this thread now.:(
Although in saying that, we had an Range Rover Evoque and it never missed a beat in over 40k miles.
You are OK - they are building the E-Pace in Austria ;)

I had no real problems with my Defender either - there were some warranty issues but they were minor and all dealt with efficiently - it never let me down driving in more than 4 years of ownership from new. Hoping the Disco Sport gives me as good service.

My Dads girlfriend has a Disco Sport thats been back more times than I can count.
Her neighbour has the same Disco Sport model thats just come back from having a new engine fitted.
Our neighbour had their evoque collected on a truck end of last week, they've been away for 3 months travelling and when they got back the heater motor had seized.

My Dads girlfriend has a Disco Sport thats been back more times than I can count.
Her neighbour has the same Disco Sport model thats just come back from having a new engine fitted.
Our neighbour had their evoque collected on a truck end of last week, they've been away for 3 months travelling and when they got back the heater motor had seized.
If mine has problems it will go back to get sorted under warranty - to be perfectly honest, even with the reported problems and knowing someone who has a had a nightmare with one, I am still a lot more chilled about the Disco Sport than I was about my T6 and all the horror stories circulating about engine warning lights on the 150, DPF, EGR, etc., etc., when I first got mine. I think the big difference for me is that the Land Rover is now just a car and if the vehicle turns out to be a lemon we deal with it via dealer and JLR but with the T6 the vehicle is just the start of it and, for us, much of the value is in the conversion which, if the base vehicle turns out to be a lemon, we would have to sort ourselves.

They promise so much and to be fair when they are right they are really nice to drive.
Credit to the manufacturer, no one I know have had any warrantee problems what so ever, its always sorted.
Just a shame they get so many niggles.

They promise so much and to be fair when they are right they are really nice to drive.
Credit to the manufacturer, no one I know have had any warrantee problems what so ever, its always sorted.
Just a shame they get so many niggles.
Yep, my Defender had 3 minor problems over the 4 years and all were dealt with without question or drama and each time I was provided with very high spec cars whilst the work was done (I had a Range Rover Autobiography Dynamique - circa £90k - for 3 days for one of them). At the point of trading in I had just got authorisation for some corrosion, identified by my dealer during the 4 year service, to be dealt with under the 7 year anti corrosion warranty.

Back