Sold SOLD. AUDISON 10” Prima APBX 10 DS 400W RMS Sub Woofer in sealed passive enclosure box - about 3 weeks old

Status
Not open for further replies.

t6blo

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
IMG_1935.jpegIMG_1936.jpegIMG_1937.jpegIMG_1938.jpegIMG_1939.jpegIMG_1940.jpegIMG_1941.jpegIMG_1950.jpegIMG_2666.pngIMG_2664.jpegIMG_1862.jpeg

I am an idiot so have one of these for sale because I was impatient - they RRP for £379

It has no original box and has a small scratch on the grille (see pic) - they face down so not visible when fitted - £240 inc insured P&P

Less than a month old, sound fantastic, working perfectly, ready to install…

You need an amplifier (not supplied) to power this.

Here are the specifications:

Audison Prima was designed to meet the interest of the car model enthusiasts who like to appreciate all the nuances of the musical message with components that are perfectly integrated in the car OEM system, preserving the most precious Prima on Audison requirement of OEM integration: space.

• Ultra-low profile (5.6 in. / 142 mm) box with a sealed design perfectly tuned to fully exploit the APS 10 D driver.
  • 2 Sides/2 Sounds: design provides the ability to choose between
  • Down-Firing mounting to increase the low-frequency extension and
  • Up-Firing installation to obtain more punch and definition.
  • Leveling feet with velcro inserts included for a secure grip on the carpet while maintaining easy removal.
  • SSP (Sub Smart Plug) features both traditional push contacts and a
  • Plug-&-Play terminal block to easily configure the impedance as
  • required and provides a quick release.
  • Rounded corners allow easy positioning in the trunk and act as reinforcement to reduce enclosure resonance.
  • 6 Special designed cone-dustcap-basket geometry which guarantees a
  • long linear excursion capability (11 mm, one-way).
  • Massive driver motor assembly, optimized with FEM (Finite Element
  • Modeling) for perfect control under high excursion conditions.
  • Water-repellent pressed paper 10 in. cone, featuring a profile developed with FEM simulation and optimized with the Klippel Scan Vibrometer.
  • Specifically developed to be combined with either the AP8.9 bit
  • (2 CH + 2 CH bridged), AP5.9 bit (Sub CH) or AP4.9 bit/AP4 D
  • (2 CH bridged) amplifiers taking advantage of the bass boost feature and integrated parametric equalizer of the built-in DSP.
  • A sturdy metal grid is included for the total protection of the subwoofer driver.
The APBX 10 DS, a 10 subwoofer loaded in a 12-liter sealed enclosure, is the flagship. It is dedicated to the highest-performing Prima systems, using the AP1 D amplifier for the sub-section. The speaker's mechanical excursion of more than 18 mm provides for incredible authority, while the refined Thiele & Small parameters set-up provides the ideal balance for all music genres.

SPECIFICATION​

• Size 250 mm
  • Power Handling - Peak 800 W
  • Power Handling - Continuous 400 W
  • Magnet Material HIGH DENSITY FLUX FERRITE
  • Cone Material WATER REPELLENT PRESSED PAPER
  • Dimension A 470 mm
  • Dimension B 334 mm
  • Dimension C 120 mm

WHATS INCLUDED​

• APBX 10 DS
  • Velcro Feet
  • Speaker Plug
  • Booklet

Last edited:
Do you need two in a van? Or is it just a case of how much base you require? I've got an Alpine Speaker upgrade which sounds pretty good but Id prefer more base..would x1 of these be OK and where are they installed?
You don’t *need* two but they sound awesome and the more bass the better for me. I had them under the rear Kombi bench but you can locate them anywhere - the four feet have Velcro type thing so they will sit on carpet and not skid about.

You don’t *need* two but they sound awesome and the more bass the better for me. I had them under the rear Kombi bench but you can locate them anywhere - the four feet have Velcro type thing so they will sit on carpet and not skid about.
Thanks for info...I think I need to have something installed inside at rear ( the recess) rather than removable as I am constantly taking seats in and out

Any takers?
Will fit perfectly under Kombi seat, or under a rock n roll bed, or in the boot of your car.
Sound amazing :thumbsup:

Hi @t6blo , I'm out of the country at the moment, so i can't eyeball where i think I'd install it. I presume it's too big to fit between the front (single) seats in a T6.1? If so then I'd need to install under the RIB bed.... won't be any space under the front seats after i reinstall the JL amp and Hertz DSP (heater and leisure battery are under each ATM). Kind of reluctant to give up precious space, but can't have it both ways.

Will be back home on Friday, if still available then, I'll give you a shout.

Hi @t6blo , I'm out of the country at the moment, so i can't eyeball where i think I'd install it. I presume it's too big to fit between the front (single) seats in a T6.1? If so then I'd need to install under the RIB bed.... won't be any space under the front seats after i reinstall the JL amp and Hertz DSP (heater and leisure battery are under each ATM). Kind of reluctant to give up precious space, but can't have it both ways.

Will be back home on Friday, if still available then, I'll give you a shout.
Yes, too wide for between captains seats.
I expect it would fit nicely under bed

:thumbsup:

Still got this and it is now cluttering up the garage :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back