To De Badge Or Not De Badge That Is The Question

Dugdog74

T6 Pro
Just contemplating debading the rear door on my T6 but not sure. I like the look of the transporter badge in all it’s glory buti also like the clean look. What’s your opinions out there?

Minimalist all the way for me. I still have the Transporter, TDI and Bluemotion badges on as I only picked her up a few weeks back but luckily the first owner never attached the Highline wording. That would definitely be too much.

I’m cogitating this too. Does make it easier to polish and wax.

I have barn doors with Transporter one side and TDI the other.

I’m going to remove the TDI for now.

Ian

Mine only has Transporter but I think it has to come off. Although I did see a black version of the badge which I thought would be different and may look good on silver.

I think that the only rear badge other than the VW roundel, should be a 4Motion, providing it is one.

TDI has gone! Whats the best method at removing the foam trim tape? I used a combination of Autoglym tar spot remover and white spirit but it was hard work!

De-badge'd for me!

I was in two minds since it only had the Transporter & TDI badges but I much prefer the naked look on my tailgate.

Well here is my rear laid bare.... looking at all the other pictures, vans look better without badges. Sorry its a bit dirty!

The transporter badge tape was a lot easier to remove than the TDI - use kite string then SWMBO’s hair dryer to soften the tape, before rubbing off. Then a quick wipe with AG tar spot to get residual tape off.

View attachment 59837

1C99B101-0F16-427D-842D-836462C1D66B.jpeg

Back