Thule Omnistor 4900 Fixing To Van

I did the front one first, then, using a mason's rule (long aluminium straight edge) I moved the rear mount until it lined up with the top edges leaving no gaps on the rule edge, then drilled for rivnuts and glued it on with sealant. Distance between the front edge of each mount pictured above.

@wildjeff i have finally managed to get the reimo rails and the same fixations you have.. just have a question with regards to the dimensions for the fixing brackets.. in my instructions the position of these seem to be pointing to the alu plates rather than the actual fixations on the rail.. and as these are not aligned (at least for the back) im assuming that i need to adjust for this? do you have a pic of your diemsnions for the fixation brackets that are sika'd to the van?

Not quite sure I understand your question ? The position of the rail itself is determined by the overflow piece on the windscreen , I dont remember it being any more accurate than that, and there are videos on the net showing how to do that. The brackets that are sikad to the van and bolted to the rail are positioned in accord with the instructions , i seem to remember there being a start distance ( or start point) and a gap distance . Mine is a LWB so had to follow a different set of dimensions to suit , both LWB and SWB dimensions were included in the instruction set. I did think afterwards that the accuracy of the fitting didnt matter that much , but I still measured as accurately as i could. I have just found the instructions - the start point is measured from the tail gate hinge line , to the face of the plate , and then the gap distance from there to the face of the nxt plate, the gap distance is the same for LWB and SWB but the start point distance is different. Hope this helps , Jeff

ok thanks - yeah the rail is fine, its really the small fixing brackets supplied in the kit that are rivnut and sika'd to the van.. their dimensionning is poor on the drawing..

thanks for your time

yup 4900 LWB, mine are dimensioned to the plates and not the fixations which are fixed to the rail..

OK But aren't the plate that is sikad to the van ( base plate) and the bracket that stands up off it the same width , that's what the instructions are measuring to ; then there is a further face plate which fixes onto the bracket , which I agree is bigger, and that is what the awning hangs off. So the dimensions are to the base plate. Thats what i did , and its worked ok , Jeff

Do these help , these are out of mine , i took the lead from the swb diagram which dimensions the upstand brkt , which fits onto the base plate and is the same width , and then used the dimensions off the lwb diagram , Hope this helps , jeff

Attachments

• lwb van_20220208.pdf
    704.8 KB · Views: 8
  • swb van_20220208.pdf
    736.9 KB · Views: 10
1644331206069.png

ok thanks theyve changed somewhat the instructions... to me the dimensions are to the two plates - these are different.. for me the front bracket is just to the front of the front door..

I would measure everything from the rear, from the hinge line, build up the fittings off the van , put masking tape on the van use the measurement of 345 to the edge of the rear face plate and then mark the masking tape where the base plate line and the face plate line are , then do same again with the spacer distance of 2215 but from rear face plate line to forward face plate edge, then use that forward fitting to mark base plate position . Strip the fittings , and get fitting :) I would not worry about a few cms , i set mine up using the measurements to the bracket arm and it works fine , which is what my instruction indicated , but I have to agree yours do imply slightly different. Jeff Hope this helps ,

Back