Thule Omnistor 4900 Fixing To Van

Brae

T6 Pro
Afternoon all
I have a standard rain gutter and trying to find out how a Thule Omnistor 4900 awning fixes to the van ?
has anyone been able to use the holes in the gutter with a bracket , I'd prefer not to screw into the body work ...I currently have Thule aero bars on and I've 2 spare holes left either side .
Any help greatly appreciated

Last edited:
I have a Thule Omnistor 4900 3m length. I'm looking to mount it to my VW T6 LWB which has a Reimo Multirail and a SCA roof.

Can anyone reccomend which of these 4 options fits a Thule 4900 best with the Reimo Multirail and a SCA roof? It looks like the Brandrup adapter (4th option) can be fitted without drilling into the van?

Option 1: Fiamma Multirail Reimo/Brandrup Volkswagen (VW) T5 F45 (F45) Adapter Bracket Kit | Leisure Outlet

Option 2: Bracket\/Adapter to fit 4900\/F45 to Combi Rail

Option 3: http://www.motorcaravanning.co.uk/pdf/Thule_Awning_Adapters_2017.pdf

Option 4: Thule Omnistor Brandrup Rail Awning Adapter Kit

Thanks
David

I have a Thule Omnistor 4900 3m length. I'm looking to mount it to my VW T6 LWB which has a Reimo Multirail and a SCA roof.

Can anyone reccomend which of these 4 options fits a Thule 4900 best with the Reimo Multirail and a SCA roof? It looks like the Brandrup adapter (4th option) can be fitted without drilling into the van?

Option 1: Fiamma Multirail Reimo/Brandrup Volkswagen (VW) T5 F45 (F45) Adapter Bracket Kit | Leisure Outlet

Option 2: Bracket\/Adapter to fit 4900\/F45 to Combi Rail

Option 3: http://www.motorcaravanning.co.uk/pdf/Thule_Awning_Adapters_2017.pdf

Option 4: Thule Omnistor Brandrup Rail Awning Adapter Kit

Thanks
David
Which did you choose?

Hi
I would be interested in the answer also , have a T6 with a skyline roof , and want to fit awning.
Think I am going Thule , but with/without reimo multi rail ? , and then which brackets to suit ,
Any help appreciated , thks , Jeff

I ended up going with the Fiamma F45s, on the multirail and a the adapter brackets from Reimo.
I think Fiamma makes good awnings and it looks nice on the van.

1DBD8009-5637-47C8-AAA1-80AA4A19DAA9.JPG

Reactions: CAB
Hi , looks good ,
Did you fit yourself,
Could I ask , the brackets you used , are they simply clamped to the multirail or do they involve bolting into the roof as well. If the later do the brackets actually sit under the pop top or have they been cut short of its edge, if that makes sense ?
I can see from photo u haven't fitted a rain guard.
I have pals who have Thule , but have also been told the F45s is good, just need to get on with it !!!
Thanks for your help ,
Jeff

Hi , looks good ,
Did you fit yourself,
Could I ask , the brackets you used , are they simply clamped to the multirail or do they involve bolting into the roof as well. If the later do the brackets actually sit under the pop top or have they been cut short of its edge, if that makes sense ?
I can see from photo u haven't fitted a rain guard.
I have pals who have Thule , but have also been told the F45s is good, just need to get on with it !!!
Thanks for your help ,
Jeff

this is the adaptwr (Adapter F45S, F45TiL, ZIP - panel van, VW T5) and yes it is bolted on the roof and sits under the poptop.
Rain guard? There is a spoiler at the front of the multi rail.
I had the installation done by Reimo Australia. I dont want to risk messing it up.

Great info for me thanks, the rain guard is just a strip of self adhesive rubber than fits on the back of the awning case between it and the multirail , idea is that it stops any water getting through the gap, saw that on a video from Australia coincidentally. Thule do something similar but it clips into a groove as far as I have picked up from the net, but I have only seen it used against a caravan face not on a T6.
Cheers
Jeff

hi there, I have a lwb and have juste received a thule 4900.. we have an sca roof aswell.

i have two options - either i fix a reimo multi rail to the van or i use the fixations supplied with the thule which work with the sca..

which is best? any feedback/preferences? the two methods require drilling the roof so for me not really much difference? the rainguard works with both?

Hi
I have a LWB with a 4900, I have installed it using brackets that 'require' the multirail.
Fitted in Feb of this year.
It all went on a treat , no problems, the main base plate (x2) is drilled/fixed to the van, and forms the support to the bracket which holds the 4900 case.
A benefit of this system as I see it, tho I haven't done this as yet, is that its easy to remove the 4900 , and the brackets , leaving just the base plates on the van, and the multi rail of course.
I fancied having the multirail so that i could ensure water didn't run across the sliding door , and also if in the future i might use a drive away i could consider that instead of the 4900, or switch between them.
Other fixings I have seen seem much more permanent in there structure as they are both base plate and bracket in one.
Hope this helps ,
Jeff

@wildjeff yes those are the fixations im trying to find at the moment - seem to be the best of both worlds. trying to source them isnt easy though. thanks. any pics of the height with that one?

Each bracket is in 3 parts , a base plate , an arm that forms the vertical support, and a holding plate that the 4900 case hands off/is screwed into.
Instructions are good , just need to be confident with the drill and use sharp bits when drilling the van !!
In my kit the base plate and the holding plate were metal colour , I painted the base plate black , at some point I will no doubt take apart and paint the holding plate.
Prob should have gotten them powder coated before I fitted the set.
Jeff

20210827_114935.jpg

20210827_113741.jpg

20210827_113815.jpg

20210827_113637.jpg

Back