Thule Omnistor 4900 awning

Vinny

Hi there, can anyone advise if the Thule Omnistor 4900 wind out awning has a channel to connect a drive away tent/awning? Cheers

Hi, Do you know if you can fit a Thule Omnister if you have a reimo multi rail already on the van? I take it you are happy with yours. Any problems with rain between the van and the awning. Thanks
I don't see why not, unless the levels clash. I think the fixings of the Omnistor will govern its position on the van, whereas I believe you have more flexibility for the multi rail. I still get rain between the Omnistor and the multi rail, and am looking for ways to stop or reduce this.

I’m sure I’ve seen a flexible plastic strip specifically made to stop the rain. If I’m not mistaken I think it’s made by either Reimo or Fiamma and it fits between the van and the wind out awning. I think I saw it while googling awnings.

I’m sure I’ve seen a flexible plastic strip specifically made to stop the rain. If I’m not mistaken I think it’s made by either Reimo or Fiamma and it fits between the van and the wind out awning. I think I saw it while googling awnings.
That’s a Fiamma - here is mine - think it is called a rainguard. Pic from below and above.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Just looking at awnings now and deciding which one to go for. Does the omnistor have a rain guard or can you use the fiamma guard?

Couple of Thule Distributor options I considered:

I chose the second option, works a treat...

I'm considering this for my Omnistor...Thule sealing rubber

Any Thule product in my experience is fit for purpose, only thing I’d add, is you wouldn’t know mine is there without deliberate inspection as it’s compressed between the Awning and the vehicle. It’s fixed with double sided 3M tape on the roof side to form an excellent wind and waterproof seal.

Hope you get successfully sorted...

Decided on a Thule awning and now want to find a reliable company to supply and fit one. Im in South Wales/Bristol. Happy to travel. Any recommendations. Thanks

My 5102 was fitted during conversion. However, when I needed the EPDM Seal or equivalent and the G2 sides to enclose the awning, I visited the following near Blandford Forum:

Their advice, choice and service as a Thule distributor was first class, as was their after-sales when dealing with a minor issue (In a sealed box and out of their initial control). The prices were also competitive and have a fitting Workshop.

Appreciate they’re not on your doorstep but certainly recommended.

Last edited:
Back