THQ v3 DRL strip failure

Lodestar

Hi There,

Bought the THQ T6 headlights (with THQ LED H7) about 18 months ago, really happy with them, they make a huge difference over the standard OEMs and look awesome.

Ran into a bit of a slight issue (noticed it yesterday) with the passenger side light, the main beam (H1) dipped led (H7) and the indicator led strip all work fine but the white DRL led strip (white) has stopped working.

No warning lights on the dash, tried disconnecting waiting for 20 mins and reconnecting…

Does anyone have any hints on how to remedy? Lacking a simple fix, does anyone know how to service the DRL led strip? Is there an internal fuse? Or can you get at the leds?

Thanks for your time
Rich

I would ring transporter HQ, thier customer service is pretty good and they might be able to advise or sort you a replacement

Hi all. Just noticed when I drive about the DRLs are intermittent. One minute they are in then they're not. I have thq v3 ltd black lights. All other lights work fine. I spot them on then when I stop to look at them they are off. Its baffling me now.
Anyone had the same before.
Cheers

Same as mine, the short answer likely is the wiring on those THQ lights is garbage. You can verify this simply by wriggling the wires where they attach to the plug, it will likely cause the DRLs to go on and off as it did with mine. Unfortunately the plug is potted with a load of glue/sealant so fixing it probably involves cutting the wires and installing a new ten pin plug (and hoping the rest of the wiring is ok).

I gave up and installed some OEM H7 because it was the levelling motors on mine as well as the DRL’s which were erratic, which is an MOT fail.

Bit of a shame really, the THQ headlights themselves are decent, just let down by terrible quality wiring.

As above, or has the van been coded to turn them off when the handbrake is on? It's a useful mod for campsites.

As above, or has the van been coded to turn them off when the handbrake is on? It's a useful mod for campsites.

Good point, if they’re reliably on when moving and off when parked this could well be it. Mine would just randomly come on and off when the wiring felt like working.

Cheers guys, I'll give that a look tomorrow/later when home from work see what's programmed. But I only use hand brake when I stop completely. I've noticed when sat behind cars they aren't on but then they are. Will keep eye on them over the next week or so as I don't do many miles during the week as I walk to work.

Get in touch with transporter hq I do know that they have had problems with some of the control gear that sits underneath going bad. They can supply new gubbins that are more robust just a ball ache to fit them.

Hi There,

Bought the THQ T6 headlights (with THQ LED H7) about 18 months ago, really happy with them, they make a huge difference over the standard OEMs and look awesome.

Ran into a bit of a slight issue (noticed it yesterday) with the passenger side light, the main beam (H1) dipped led (H7) and the indicator led strip all work fine but the white DRL led strip (white) has stopped working.

No warning lights on the dash, tried disconnecting waiting for 20 mins and reconnecting…

Does anyone have any hints on how to remedy? Lacking a simple fix, does anyone know how to service the DRL led strip? Is there an internal fuse? Or can you get at the leds?

Thanks for your time
Rich
Morning,

I have had the same issue on mine, The drivers side DRL LED strip has stopped working. Did you find a solution?

regards

Tony

07AA7B23-E73B-4EF0-9B07-C4C6798D7DEC.jpeg.jpg

Morning,

I have had the same issue on mine, The drivers side DRL LED strip has stopped working. Did you find a solution?

regards

Tony

View attachment 178778
It looks like @Lodestar hasn't been online since June 2022, that being their only message. Just pointing this out to you as you may be waiting a while for a response @Tony Abbott (clicking on their name shows this)
Let us know what THQ say about repair/replacing

It looks like @Lodestar hasn't been online since June 2022, that being their only message. Just pointing this out to you as you may be waiting a while for a response @Tony Abbott (clicking on their name shows this)
Let us know what THQ say about repair/replacing
Hi,

yeah seen that, hopfully it will go to his Emails, he is a local salisbury lad too. prob past him in town.
Yes will do.

@Magpie1832 had an issue with his THQ V3 DRL being intermittent - he may have an update from THQ

Just bear in mind yours may not be Transporter HQ headlamps but Van-Tech, Travelin-Lite or another (there’s a couple of different manufacturers supplying the same type of units to these outlets, but I’m not sure who uses what).

it could be a poor connection as per this thread:

Hi LTJ, I’ve found the source and it’s a poorly crimped connector.. they are great lights, particularly with the led headlight bulbs.. I only wish the high beam had led bulbs too and if you can, go for the v3 which eliminates the drl fairy light effect

Morning,

regards

Tony

View attachment 178778
Hi,
I just followed the advice (from @david173) and contacted THQ, they were very helpful and after confirming my original purchase and a few questions, shipped a replacement.
Hope you get it sorted!
Cheers
L

Update. I unplugged mine checked plug and re connected. All working now. Haven't noticed a fault upto now. Cheers all.

Update. I unplugged mine checked plug and re connected. All working now. Haven't noticed a fault upto now. Cheers all.

Cheers all, I've found out(informed by THQ) they are Travelin-Lite brand, upto now no reply from them.

Back