Thoughts on Overbed Locker

Garny999

T6 Guru
Hello, I am close to ordering the furniture for my conversion and fancy the evomotion designs 5.5 swb. My question is, what do you guys think of the overbed locker. Is it something you would recommend or not.
Its about £100 extra option. I have sliding rear seat so do have the option of additional rear space.
Thanks in advance.

I’ve not got one, and whilst the space would be useful I’m not sure about rearward visibility if I had one.

This is with a RIB on a slider mount and no pod above the seats.

5F360DCA-BCA4-40B6-8135-888DC7EE6885.jpeg

Last edited:
Whilst more storage is always good in many ways, I'd be careful with headroom. When I sit up in bed, my head is within about an inch of the ceiling and I can imagine it being a bit annoying trying not to bump your head first thing every morning. I'm less bothered about rear visibility, a combination of gear, kids heads and bikes means we rarely get a decent view out of the back anyway.

Whilst more storage is always good in many ways, I'd be careful with headroom. When I sit up in bed, my head is within about an inch of the ceiling and I can imagine it being a bit annoying trying not to bump your head first thing every morning. I'm less bothered about rear visibility, a combination of gear, kids heads and bikes means we rarely get a decent view out of the back anyway.
Thank you @t0mb0 . That is something else I didnt think about. You are right,that would literally do my head in

We’ve got one and it provides more much needed storage (albeit not an awful lot of it). Yes, it does obscure the view out of the rear view mirror slightly but that’s pretty lousy anyway. That said, I’ve compensated a bit by ditching the centre headrest on the double front seat as the middle seat is never used.

We’ve got one and it provides more much needed storage (albeit not an awful lot of it). Yes, it does obscure the view out of the rear view mirror slightly but that’s pretty lousy anyway. That said, I’ve compensated a bit by ditching the centre headrest on the double front seat as the middle seat is never used.
Thanks @Ayjay . I guess its something to consider. Its just difficult to imagine storage space requirements when we havent used it yet and no kitchen fitted etc.

Back