Fixing Overhead Lockers

James Slater

Hi, Im in the process of converting my van and have almost finished installing a Van Furniture Kitchen Pod, the only thing I have left to do is the lockers over the kitchen, is this just a simple case of using self tapping screws and fixing into the frame for the Skyline pop top? Photos for reference.

PXL_20220814_190923123.jpg

PXL_20220815_120731680.jpg

PXL_20220816_175911014.jpg

I installed mine with 6 x 6mm rivet nuts. I had to cut the cupboard to the correct profile first and is held very firmly in place.
F449B84A-D1B5-4D32-88E0-B4D238199EAF.jpeg

Last edited:
Some more pics of inside the cupboard as to how you specifically installed the rivet nuts etc?
Just taken these pictures. I only used four rivet nuts M5 for the cabinet blocks and two screws at the rear to fasten it to the wardrobe.

At left hand end (front) there are two top front and back of the cupboard.
B504F805-0CF3-4450-AEA3-6347F0DAB82A.jpeg
in the middle there is a divider so one either side staggered front and back.
B59A607A-E5B4-45C5-A0E3-D60380F5FD84.jpeg
on the right (rear) I drilled two pilot holes to screw it into the wardrobe unit.
43B951CB-AD50-4308-B913-C2901C020AED.jpeg

Thankyou mate, really good info. I've got the rear window panel too to install. And got their oak floor to put in, measured it up tonight. Doesnt seem too want much in the way of battens under the floor for height lift…. If that makes sense

Hi, Im in the process of converting my van and have almost finished installing a Van Furniture Kitchen Pod, the only thing I have left to do is the lockers over the kitchen, is this just a simple case of using self tapping screws and fixing into the frame for the Skyline pop top? Photos for reference.

View attachment 169977

View attachment 169978

View attachment 169979
Hi mate how did you go about fixing the oak window panel? Does it slide behind the worktop and wardrobe units? I've just received my palet ready for me to assemble and fit from van furniture and the instructions provided are rubbish. Thanks

Thankyou mate, really good info. I've got the rear window panel too to install. And got their oak floor to put in, measured it up tonight. Doesnt seem too want much in the way of battens under the floor for height lift…. If that makes sense
Test the area near the side step first for height before fixing. I had battened mine too high and hadn’t tested it first, so had to re-lift it to level off.

Hi mate how did you go about fixing the oak window panel? Does it slide behind the worktop and wardrobe units? I've just received my palet ready for me to assemble and fit from van furniture and the instructions provided are rubbish. Thanks
You may have to trim it to fit (from the drivers seat). Once happy you can bond it. I pencil lined the worktop height and the top locker, then screwed it into the vehicle boarding on the part that was out of sight once fixed (I actually didn’t bond mine and used 3m tape). Oak panel on 1st and then units added afterwards.

You may have to trim it to fit (from the drivers seat). Once happy you can bond it. I pencil lined the worktop height and the top locker, then screwed it into the vehicle boarding on the part that was out of sight once fixed (I actually didn’t bond mine and used 3m tape). Oak panel on 1st and then units added afterwards.
cheers mate appreciate it

No worries. PS don’t forget to sand and stain it 1st too (I used some hard plastic wrapped in sandpaper on the tip to get into those fiddly little lines) :thumbsup:
Im starting to think this is gonna be an absolute mission. Atleat its the fun stage thought, the sound deadening insulating and carpeting wasnt so much fun lol

Back