This years camping in the UK :-(

Got 5 UK trips booked and one France trip for 2022. Will sneak in a couple of last min ones too. Let’s just hope they are possible and COVID finally calms down!

Reactions: CAB
I can’t yet make any plans until I know when my new van will be delivered. So last minute bookings will be the order of the day. Whatever day that eventually is :)

Wow with all restrictions etc have stayed here in blighty, have been lucky enough to have had 5 different 5 day breaks throughout the so called summer. Not only amazed at cost but with so many by the look of it new campers cant believe how ignorant lots are, I know we stayed at a couple of so called big sites but at Dawlish site one couple had a row after beer oclock and she spent hours sulking in their 20 plate mercedes with the engine running, another group thought it was ok to play loud music until early hours but with 30 deg weather it wasnt major, just spent another time up near Bridlington and again loud music but this time only lasted until midnight (due to security), another tent all they did was swear at kids full blast, argue and swear at full blast about having to walk for a shit..
Whilst at various sites speaking to other people they have found the same over the last few years and pitches are getting more compacted to each other.
Now I know things happen but we have found with so many campers having to staycation they havent worked out how thin canvas is. For the last 5+ years we have always camper abroad but has the english camping really got this bad, or are we spoilt with spacious spread out pitches, everyone is polite with no kids running loose all hours. We only stay in our kombi when we go wild camping or weekend camping but dont really think we would of got much more noise reduction or do we need to fully convert to a camper now we are grumpy old gits !!

They'll be booked up before you know it..
We’ve got a ‘warm-up’ trip booked to South Wales the very first weekend in April and then a month long trip to the Outer Hebrides in May. Haven’t found anywhere to be full yet but everyone I’ve spoken to has used the word ‘busy’. And these are outside the school holidays!

Off driving through to Switzerland in August to cycle the Tour Des Stations event . Will be plotting up in some Aries on the way and staying in Verbier.

Just had a week on the Yorkshire coast. Only a couple of hours from home, but a break’s a break. Had fantastic weather & averaged 10miles/day walking. Visited Flamborough, Filey & Scarborough. The hardest part was actually finding a site that was open.
View attachment 143792View attachment 143793View attachment 143794View attachment 143795View attachment 143796View attachment 143797View attachment 143798View attachment 143799View attachment 143800View attachment 143801
Eeee, tha dunt find much like it artside Yorkshur :D

Just had a week on the Yorkshire coast. Only a couple of hours from home, but a break’s a break. Had fantastic weather & averaged 10miles/day walking. Visited Flamborough, Filey & Scarborough. The hardest part was actually finding a site that was open.
View attachment 143792View attachment 143793View attachment 143794View attachment 143795View attachment 143796View attachment 143797View attachment 143798View attachment 143799View attachment 143800View attachment 143801
Love that, very jealous!

What's the stately pile?

Pat and I are seasoned campers 24 years motorbike and tents, then motorbike with teardrop, 6 motorhomes and now with our T6.1 Kombi day van and awning, we’re really looking forward to our first VW camping trip to Bala May bank holiday after a 2 year break.
Hope you all like Planet Rock. ☺️

John.

Back