This years camping in the UK :-(

Now when we used to camp, we would often book an extra night, so whilst it looked like we were being tw@s and leaving late, we were actually leaving early.
We do that on all holidays abroad (remember those). Have also do it the other way around when camping and paid for the first night but rocked up first thing the following morning. Can remember going to polmanter a few years back and the looks we got as we checked in and drove to our pitch while they were all waiting to be let on were priceless :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: CAB
I think the reason for that is the C&MH sites dont have tents and that's the easiest way into a holiday in this country for the newbies we've rejoined for that reason or go to adult only sites
You might be right. Our plan this and last year was to avoid the big sites and go for a hard-standing to get a defined pitch and be away from tents. However, we made a point this year of avoiding the club sites because of the risk of last minute closures due to Covid. This approach seems to be working so far.
All I now need to figure out is how to avoid the midges. They seem to pounce on me just as I am putting on the spray!

Reactions: CAB
Do you remember sitting on planes before take-off, thinking, ‘please don’t you sit next to me’ as a particular passenger walks down the isle? Is it those same passengers who are now annoying us on campsites?!
Best way to avoid random company is to stand up as they approach and specifically and loudly point out the empty seat and ask them to sit next to you.

Do you remember sitting on planes before take-off, thinking, ‘please don’t you sit next to me’ as a particular passenger walks down the isle? Is it those same passengers who are now annoying us on campsites?!
36D is the safest bet for 3 seats and a good sleep.
If not already drunk enough, feign drunkenness, scratch your nuts and pick your nose until the plane is taking off. Who cares what anybody thinks as long as you can sleep for most of the flight.

In the ‘80’s I once fell asleep on a coach down to that London. As we arrived I woke to find I’d drooled on the lady next to me’s shoulder. In my hurry to depart I couldn’t get my arm in my coat so was doing one of those frantic circular arm movements to locate my sleeve in what was a severely confined space. “Let me help” she says, “my sons got special needs”. It’s amazing how easy it was to slip into role, let her help and get on my way.
If you are that lady and are on here - sorry and thanks

I know I will probably offend some, but its not just the kids; dogs can be just as bad!

We book small family sites/farms, adult only whenever possible (or unless we have the grandkids with us). Unfortunately some of the people with dogs are just as bad as the ones with feral kids! Its not "funny" then rover barks every time someone goes past; its bloody annoying. And then its sets of the chain reaction with all the other dogs.

And dont get me started on people in tents who think they are in their solid wall home. No, the walls arent made of brick; they are made of tissue paper. Yes we can hear your TV/music.

Any of this is okay in small doses and when people are aware and considerate; just having a nice time. Unfrotunately thats not the world we live in anymore. No-one gives a hoot about their neighbours when camping. Me me me.

Roll on September in France :cool:

Grump over.
I agree. Dogs pissing up your wheels and the owners explaining that it's alright it won't bite you...he'll want to bite me when I stick my foot up its ass.

And there’s the rub, you get Regional Tourist Boards & Development Agencies dreaming up these grand schemes to revive the “local economy”, but don’t invest in the infrastructure to make it work. They then complain when, god forbid, people actually go there. We need to get with the program and adopt the European attitude to campers/motor homes. Accommodate them, provide facilities, charge a fair price & everyone’s happy.

There was better behaviour at Busfest then some of the campsites we’ve been to this year. Although there were a few ‘pitch cutters’ who got told to fro and walk around the outside of the Forum pitch and not through the middle of it. One dinlo appeared from between the rear of my van and the front of my neighbours, I said to him ‘what you up to sneaking about between people’s vans mate?’, I then told him my dog doesn’t like strangers appearing out of nowhere and would bite.

He didn’t need to know my dog was 200 miles away :laugh:

I’ve noticed a trend for people with shiny new SUVs to drive them offroad onto a grassy mound or even a shallow rock to get some ‘impressive’ photos of their pride and joy.
If people really want to come to Dartmoor for extreme car parking I suggest they FO back where they came from.
I visited the Cornish seaside village where I grew up today, for the first time in my near 60 years I saw adhoc signs stuck on walls telling visitors to ‘Go Back To Where You Came From’.

There was better behaviour at Busfest then some of the campsites we’ve been to this year. Although there were a few ‘pitch cutters’ who got told to fro and walk around the outside of the Forum pitch and not through the middle of it. One dinlo appeared from between the rear of my van and the front of my neighbours, I said to him ‘what you up to sneaking about between people’s vans mate?’, I then told him my dog doesn’t like strangers appearing out of nowhere and would bite.

He didn’t need to know my dog was 200 miles away :laugh:
I had to Google “dinlo”!!!

It’s a Dorset thing, I’ve got a limited vocabulary and this word gets used the most, usually preceded by something rhyming with duck. :laugh:

Back