Thermal blind Sun blind T6 Front Windscreen (internal)

russdmc

I have a T6 Campervan and I have noticed on the A-Pillar (internal) three press studs equally spaced?
Are these for a a thermal blind ? And if so can anyone recommend where I can buy? THE PRESS STUDS LOOK FACTORY FITTED?

I have a T6 Campervan and I have noticed on the A-Pillar (internal) three press studs equally spaced?
Are these for a a thermal blind ? And if so can anyone recommend where I can buy? THE PRESS STUDS LOOK FACTORY FITTED?

Something like a Gallant blind, but these use 2 press studs, not 3.
Has someone put a 3rd stud in for better fastening?
I think the OEM blinds were a concertina type, that pulled out of the A pillar?

Hope this helps a bit, or points you in the right direction...

Thanks moomin-j. My assumption that the press studs are factory fitted is probably wrong according to the video.
A great help,thanks very much.

I’ve just fitted a Gallant set that @JasonW sold me and they’re really good.

If you want, measure out the distance between the top and bottom-most studs and I’ll be able to tell you if the Gallant would fit (they do stretch, but best be safe to check) so at least you know you can buy a set from them.

Hi Ads_Essex thanks for your reply ,60.5 cm on lhs A pillar & 65 cm on rhs A pillar (Strange that ?) on male press studs 7mm diameter approx.
Many thanks :)

Mine measure 595mm apart. I didn’t put a gauge on but my studs look wider - how accurate was your measurement?

We have a CMC-Reimo conversion and they supply a curtain which runs from the pillar behind the passenger seat, across the front and then down behind the drivers seat. The curtain poppers into the studs. But you would see studs on the front and not just the side so can’t be that.

Mine measure 595mm apart. I didn’t put a gauge on but my studs look wider - how accurate was your measurement?
Hi Ads , LHS 60.5 RHS 65 with a mid way fastener LHS 29.5 & RHS 32 mm some odd measurements there,I`m supposing it was all home made stuff.
Gallant do just top and bottom stud fasteners but that with stretch fabric should be good enough. Press studs are 12 mm base with male 7mm diameter fastener.
Many thanks for the heads up. Great advice.

We have a CMC-Reimo conversion and they supply a curtain which runs from the pillar behind the passenger seat, across the front and then down behind the drivers seat. The curtain poppers into the studs. But you would see studs on the front and not just the side so can’t be that.
Thanks Marky ,I think Gallant have what I am looking for.Many thanks.

Back