Windscreen Blind or Wrap

RichardMcCready

New to the T6 camping experience. Looking forward to our first night away however what do people recommend for blocking out the front windscreen and side windows? A wrap that fits around the outside or thermal blinds inside? Any recommendations where to buy? Thanks Richard

Personally I prefer the inside blinds.
Easier to store in a vehicle the size of a T6 and they stay dry during rain so no soggy problem storing.

Some others like the exterior wrap covers.

You pays yer money ….

I have both internal and external.
Condensation can be a problem with the internal ones but not had any with the external.
Only downside with the external is the size and weight, it’s a big old lump.

Just for feedback, I never really had a problem with condensation with my internal screen covers, that’s not to say I didn’t have any condensation, just not very often.
Come to think about it, I always used the pop top and that provided ventilation enough to prevent condensation.

You’d have to ask others if condensation forms when using the external blinds to make a judgement.

We've had both, prefer the inside thermal blinds. Got ours from Just Kampers, good quality & price. No major condensation issues & you don't have to get wet fitting & removing them.

condensation issues aside... was wondering, with the current hot weather, which one is more efficient to keep the interior cooler: an external blackout wrap or an internal one with the silver side facing outwards...

I agree, best to stop the sun heating the glass which then radiates heat. I have the deluxe T6 specific one from fuel lagoon, very compact when folded away and comes with a storage bag.

Back