The ferry rip-off merchants

dandan88

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Guys

Has anyone booked the bus as a Caravelle on the ferry??

I can have it for £99 if it’s a velle… but if it’s a transporter then it’s £220 how is that even possible??

Shall I just do the velle?? What they gonna say… where’s your logbook? It’s the same everything as a Caravelle except two seats haha

Guys

Has anyone booked the bus as a Caravelle on the ferry??

I can have it for £99 if it’s a velle… but if it’s a transporter then it’s £220 how is that even possible??

Shall I just do the velle?? What they gonna say… where’s your logbook? It’s the same everything as a Caravelle except two seats haha
Depending on what your transporter looks like @dandan88 can you try and book on as a minibus or motor home. I do that with mine. What ferry is that at £99? It works for me with Stenaline.

As a Caravelle it does t ask the length of the vehicle, but as a van, motor home or minibus it has a drop down box and the min length is 4.5m are they for real it’s deffo only to mug you off and let them think it’s as long as a sprinter and thare gonna lose two spaces so they double they price, they are piss taking rats

I avoid the M6 toll unless its going to save me in excess of 30 mins.
I'm not sure why a commercial vehicle needs to be charged just shy of double that of a car (approx. £7 vs £13.50). Its not like its much to do with weight (main factory in road wear) a velle would go through at £7 the equivalent Kombi at near £14. A 3.4T range rover would also go in the car catagory despite being heavier than a T32 work that one out!

There’s nothing that clever on the toll. It measures the height of your vehicle through the centre of the front wheel. Over 1.3mts is classed as a van. In my T5 I sometimes got charged as a van, sometimes as a car. I phoned to complain and this was what I was told. They don’t read the registration. I found if I braked hard coming into the lane id be charged car rates every time

Yeah I found this out today on the M6 today.

Big sign saying "Class 4 - Van or Motorhome" well I'm legally neither of those so why is it saying £14.90

Sorry if you got held up behind me while I was on the assistance intercom. Operator kept saying "it's height mate" and my point was no where on all the price charging signs does it say that, it's says "Van or Motorhome" and I have a V5 that says I'm neither of those. To my mind that's deception.

"It's on the website mate!" - and this is something you recommend I check while driving? Why would I even look at the website when for years I've been driving through the tolls in the XC70 and it's always said "Van or Motorhome" and I'm legally neither of those in a Caravelle?

And no the website doesn't even mention height unless you scroll right down into the fine print, the big pricing chart also says "Van or Motorhome"

I swear we were only charged the car fee in February.

Really put a dent in my day :mad:

For £14.90 I'll let the ACC drive the other way

Yeah I found this out today on the M6 today.

Big sign saying "Class 4 - Van or Motorhome" well I'm legally neither of those so why is it saying £14.90

Sorry if you got held up behind me while I was on the assistance intercom. Operator kept saying "it's height mate" and my point was no where on all the price charging signs does it say that, it's says "Van or Motorhome" and I have a V5 that says I'm neither of those. To my mind that's deception.

"It's on the website mate!" - and this is something you recommend I check while driving? Why would I even look at the website when for years I've been driving through the tolls in the XC70 and it's always said "Van or Motorhome" and I'm legally neither of those in a Caravelle?

And no the website doesn't even mention height unless you scroll right down into the fine print, the big pricing chart also says "Van or Motorhome"

I swear we were only charged the car fee in February.

Really put a dent in my day :mad:

For £14.90 I'll let the ACC drive the other way
Yeah it really pisses me off they charge more for vans (i know yours is a caravelle) its pure profiteering, the toll is supposed to be there to pay for the road and the only thing that should matter is weight. Why should a 3t range rover go through as a car and a 3t van be charged so much more, makes me very cross too!!!

Back