Rubbing wires causing breakdown, just out of warranty.. Your thoughts?

I repaired some rubbing loom last month with a members 204, it was the fuel temperature sensor on top of the engine.
8407FA40-1E64-4EA9-9197-577360BB3872.jpeg

It is rather disgraceful that VW are looking the other way on this

By the way guys,
I must stress, that VW Liverpool, and the service manager "Billy", were exceptional in their service and courtesy, and didn't charge me for the final diagnostic and repair work.
At least there is one trustworthy VW Dealership

By the way guys,
I must stress, that VW Liverpool, and the service manager "Billy", were exceptional in their service and courtesy, and didn't charge me for the final diagnostic and repair work.
At least there is one trustworthy VW Dealership
Fair point - let’s not tar everyone with the same brush, eh!

Would that happen to be the same company who wont recall vehicles that allow toxic diesel fumes to enter the cab, from a not fit for purpose, EGR pipe. Or perhaps the same company who neglect to recall vehicles with (fire hazard) headlight units, with dodgy electrical contacts.

Funnily enough I had one of those little diverter valves fitted by VW after my heater matrix burst on my mkII GTI. New matrix and valve were supplied and fitted free of charge. Despite the car being 10 years old or more.

Back in the day when the strap line ' If only everything in life was as reliable as a......' actually meant something.
I was involved in prototyping that valve, unit cost was key to get the contract, reliability was a bonus. IMO it was too flimsy, on the very edge of reliable injection moulding.
Says a lot about priorities.

Hi Guys,
Can I just ask again regarding the below?

Oh, by the way.
I wanted to ask if any members know where I might get hold of a spare printed circuit that sits behind "PRNDS" the gearshift on a DSG box, as the gaiter has been on and off so many times that it's now broken, and the "P" light no longer illuminates.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

I've been informed that the small printed circuit is contained within the following part :
VW TRANSPORTER T6 DSD GEAR STICK SHIFT GAITER KNOB 7E271320AB MNZ

But I can't locate that part
Any help would be much appreciated.

I've been informed that the small printed circuit is contained within the following part :
VW TRANSPORTER T6 DSD GEAR STICK SHIFT GAITER KNOB 7E271320AB MNZ

But I can't locate that part
Any help would be much appreciated.
Try instead: 7E2713203AB MNZ

Back