Team Two-Tone

I’ve joined the two tone crew

There are dozens (Hundreds?) of Eastern European registered Crafters and Sprinter trade vans that drive around my part of London. The occupants work from and live in their vans.

And so it’s no secret that I’ve been longing for a look that’s much different from these. I considered whether to wrap or paint my plain white Crafter.

It turned out that from a handful of quotes, painting was cheaper than wrapping, and I’d always wondered about the wrapped edges on a two tone lifting line with wear.

I was lucky enough to have a company not only recommended to me, but with a booth big enough to fit the super high LWB Crafter in. I chose indium grey, as the side mouldings are a similar colour, a pastel wouldn’t have looked right with weaves of dark grey moulding through it.

Anyway, here she is and I love it.
She is a Grand California clone but with a bespoke interior which suits me far better and far less limiting than VWs offering.

I think I’ll call her my “Grand Crafter”

:laugh:52F52160-7D14-49C4-A07D-7A5D30FBBDB9.jpeg

Last edited:
This page has some inspiration for two tone using a wrap for the top or bottom half - Lackierung und Folierung | Der SpaceCamper VW T6 Camping-Ausbau - Reisemobil, Wohnmobil, Campingbus und Alltagsfahrzeug in Darmstadt

And this Instagram has some: @folium_muenchen Instagram posts, stories and followers - Gramho.com

And also, try searching Google images using the German words e.g. vw transporter Orka-Lackierung [literally "Orka Paint" as in Orca whale!] or VW t6 teilfolierung [wrapping]
That first one is great, I've been wondering for ages whether it would work having a lower white wrap on my Indium and trying to do mockups in photo apps, but I now see that Indium over white definitely doesn't work! In fact none of the dark tops/white lowers work, too much like a 90s Japanese people carrier. The Indium over orange is making me think though...

That first one is great, I've been wondering for ages whether it would work having a lower white wrap on my Indium and trying to do mockups in photo apps, but I now see that Indium over white definitely doesn't work! In fact none of the dark tops/white lowers work, too much like a 90s Japanese people carrier. The Indium over orange is making me think though...
I agree, dark colour at the top just does not work.

new to the forum-picked up our van a few weeks ago. Can't wait to get out on some trips. This forum gave us the idea of having the white Edition van sprayed to create a two-tone with bamboo green bottom. Very pleased how it looks. Thanks:)
van.jpg

Was thinking about getting wind deflectors to help with road and wind noise. Anyone else done this?

new to the forum-picked up our van a few weeks ago. Can't wait to get out on some trips. This forum gave us the idea of having the white Edition van sprayed to create a two-tone with bamboo green bottom. Very pleased how it looks. Thanks:)
View attachment 97338

Was thinking about getting wind deflectors to help with road and wind noise. Anyone else done this?
Good looking Buzz ! ClimAir for me. No clips, made in Germany and a very small screw hole in plastic. Better than having to push in plastic clips inside I found. Had the Climair on whilst doing many MPH in France and no wind noise.

Nope it's a lefthand drive vehicle as currently working in Spain (and stuck here because of virus) so looking for LHD van.

Reactions: CAB
Well at long last I have it. Some personalization to be done, but very happy. I need to find out how to change audio head unit for something to use Carplay with! All I need now is this bloody lockdown to be lifted...................
JTC.jpeg

Back