Team Pure Grey

Finally got around to taking a few snaps of the van after having been to @CRS Performance for their private label KW coilover kit and having its first wash today. I’ve gone with AT wheels and big Michelin Cross Climate tyres for a bit of a moody 70s hot rod style, maybe..

The job that Steve and Steve did at CRS was amazing, great guys too and certainly impressed my 7 year old lad by making him a brew. It drives like a dream, cheers gents.

The look wont be to everyones taste, but I love it.

View attachment 144834View attachment 144835
View attachment 144837
Looks great! When you change wheels to chunkier ones, are you also able to change your spare wheel to the same diameter? Would love to change mine to something a little bit chunkier when I have to replace them

Looks great! When you change wheels to chunkier ones, are you also able to change your spare wheel to the same diameter? Would love to change mine to something a little bit chunkier when I have to replace them
Sorry for the late reply DJ I've had a load on recently and not much time on here. Personally i’ve kept the factory spare on as I figured itd get me home / to the nearest garage where I can get a repair or new one delivered in the event of a puncture etc.. im sure other more learned folk will chip in though.

Here’s mine, if you guys will let me join as only half pure grey, I had to wrap a bit as it only costs me my time and I’ll probably change it in a couple of months. I’m also thinking of doing roof gloss black?

911B816A-CDA7-40D6-A149-6879410B3BB4.jpeg

A trip to @BognorMotors for a speaker/sound deadening upgrade today was even more exciting than usual......... As ever, I managed to return home with a grin from ear to ear, but this time I had two reasons for my cheer!

1. Bognor Motors had worked their magic, making such a difference to the sound system, but I also really noticed how the sound deadening has cut down on road noise. (It was already good, now it's like a car!)
2. Our second LWB Pure Grey van, (which is destined for a full conversion together with demonstration electrical installation) arrived with them today, so I couldn't resist a sneaky peek before Bognor Motors perform the planned cosmetic mods.
View attachment 147430

This new van will be off to the converters towards the end of the month for the installation of the interior, where we ("Royal we.....I mean "my clever colleagues!") will perform the installation of the demo kit.
View attachment 147434

The plan is that when the drivers slider is opened it will be a "ta-da" event - A visual display of functioning kit (that we install in the marine leisure industry) will serve as a "demonstrator".

The fact that this will be "onboard" a van is simply a convenience, as a "demonstrator" motor boat not only falls outside of my budget but the accountant said "no"!

I have to admit that when nosing around the new van, it was a little underwhelming insofar that it isn't a patch on my current "Sunday best work van"! That will change!

View attachment 147431

View attachment 147432
Hi Samro
When you had your speaker system upgraded and sound deadening.
Was the sound deadenening just installed in the doors or did you get the rest of the cab done? Floor etc...
Interested to find out as you clearly where happy with the result.

Hi Samro
When you had your speaker system upgraded and sound deadening.
Was the sound deadenening just installed in the doors or did you get the rest of the cab done? Floor etc...
Interested to find out as you clearly where happy with the result.
My van was sound deadened by the converters after I did the electrics. This meant that I had done all of the mods under the seat bases prior to the sound deadening, so ended up with the converters missing the opportunity to sound deaden under the seats in the cab area.
@BognorMotors then did the cab speakers/front doors and I have a thick cab carpet mat from Rugs For Bugs. I have never felt that van is in need of anything further, although may do the arches at some point, just for the sake of it!

20” standard
It’s straight from conversation
Cambridge campers
Hi Sparkylee, I'm thinking of using Cambridge Campers, would you recommend them based on your experience? Has the build quality met expectations since you had the van? Cheers, Idris.

Signing in with my new van. Details are;

T30 Highline 150 SWB Kombi Manual with the following extras;
2+1 rear seats
Heated captain seats
Passenger seat swivel
Reverse camera
LED front and rear lights
Twin slider
Power side and rear doors
Tailgate with glass

To say I’m pleased with it is an understatement!

It’s booked in @The Van Cave next week for suspension, lining, stage 2 sound proofing and a few other bits.

First job though was the wheels… the Clayton’s had to go at the earliest opportunity (it arrived yesterday and the wheels were swapped today!)

I’ll update after next week when the suspension is done, for now this is how it looked yesterday and now, today!

15363CA9-0270-496C-9605-AF02FD786627.jpeg30767AE4-ABE0-4E8C-B198-DBF60DD444F9.jpeg

Lovely.... Right till mine arrives ( see the order delays thread) I keep starring at this one, be interesting to see if you have any issues with the sliding windows leaking, that's the only difference to my order as I spec's fixed glass.

Anyone got pics of pure grey or red grill trims on their pure grey T6.1 van? Cheers

Back