Team Leisuredrive

Welcome to the forum and Team Leisuredrive!

Lovely looking van. You say hot water, what do you have for water and heating?

When and where is the first trip out?

Which heater do you have?
Their usual one, the Webasto 2kw, fitted under the drivers seat.

Been good so far, heats the van up quickly then settles down to a quiet tick over.

Even managed to find a warm day to use it in blown air mode!

Although took months to figure out the timer!
Their usual one, the Webasto 2kw, fitted under the drivers seat.

Been good so far, heats the van up quickly then settles down to a quiet tick over.

Even managed to find a warm day to use it in blown air mode!

Lol yeah been looking at you tube videos on it had espacher before on my T4 Trooper they are great for prewarming van. Didn't have a timer before though!

Reactions: CAB
What gas canisters do you use out of interest. I'm probably going to use the camping gaz ones I have from my T4. Just found you can get an adapter

What gas canisters do you use out of interest. I'm probably going to use the camping gaz ones I have from my T4. Just found you can get an adapter
You can fit two 907s in if you jiggle them about, put the spare in first, and the strap should go round both. Useful if away for a week and you don't want to waste gas by swapping before it is empty.

Having said that, we are swapping to Leisuregaz in yellow bottles, same size but cheaper refills.

Hi Jacki. I can't imagine one dog in ours, let alone plural! What sort of price did you get if you don't mind me asking, hopefully you didn't lose much considering the demand at the moment?

The Adria Twins look very nice, we are considering something similar in a few years when we can spend longer away.

It seems people have mixed views of LD; if you wanted to record your experience then you can put a thread here:
Hi everyone,
w are just in the process of buying a LD Vivante with a High top from Bridgewater Campers in Wythenshsaw, close to Manchester. They seem very nice and not too pushy. Has anyone got any experience with them in terms of customer service and after sales? Thanks.

Hi @CAMAO , welcome to the forum!

We actually bought our Vivante from Bridgewater, I realise I haven't reviewed them here yet.

Yes, very friendly, not pushy. I spoke to them a while back, and they were projecting far more vanssold than their initial target for the year, and as they are just a small business they are not chasing sales, they didn't want much more volume.

Very keen to sell you what you need and want rather than pushing sales or upgrades. They appreciate that it is a big financial outlay, and they want to get it right for you.

Communication can be a bit hit and miss, some emails get instant response and some you have to chase, but they gave us everything we asked for. Certainly better face-to-face, knowledgeable about how to live in a van and where to put stuff for instance.

Ours was covid-delayed (ordered Feb '20, due April '20 and delayed 1 month) and could have had more updates, even if it was "still delayed", but that's as much our impatience as them.

I would certainly trust them to sort any problems. We had some issues, one on the van (EGR) which VW sorted under warranty, and a couple of snaggingpoints in the build. Bridgewater would have taken it back and sorted it for us, but it was just as easy for us to take the van to Leisuredrive.

Would I buy from them again? If we wanted another VW in a Leisuredrive layout, I would have no hesitation.

Hope you find this useful, please feel free to PM if you want to ask anything directly.

Hi everyone,
w are just in the process of buying a LD Vivante with a High top from Bridgewater Campers in Wythenshsaw, close to Manchester. They seem very nice and not too pushy. Has anyone got any experience with them in terms of customer service and after sales? Thanks.
PS.

It's Sale, not Wythenshawe, the residents would be in uproar if you said that to them :slow rofl:

Back