Team Leisuredrive

Hi @CAMAO , welcome to the forum!

We actually bought our Vivante from Bridgewater, I realise I haven't reviewed them here yet.

Yes, very friendly, not pushy. I spoke to them a while back, and they were projecting far more vanssold than their initial target for the year, and as they are just a small business they are not chasing sales, they didn't want much more volume.

Very keen to sell you what you need and want rather than pushing sales or upgrades. They appreciate that it is a big financial outlay, and they want to get it right for you.

Communication can be a bit hit and miss, some emails get instant response and some you have to chase, but they gave us everything we asked for. Certainly better face-to-face, knowledgeable about how to live in a van and where to put stuff for instance.

Ours was covid-delayed (ordered Feb '20, due April '20 and delayed 1 month) and could have had more updates, even if it was "still delayed", but that's as much our impatience as them.

I would certainly trust them to sort any problems. We had some issues, one on the van (EGR) which VW sorted under warranty, and a couple of snaggingpoints in the build. Bridgewater would have taken it back and sorted it for us, but it was just as easy for us to take the van to Leisuredrive.

Would I buy from them again? If we wanted another VW in a Leisuredrive layout, I would have no hesitation.

Hope you find this useful, please feel free to PM if you want to ask anything directly.
Thank you, that’s very reassuring to hear. We are very excited to get our first Campervans soon. It’s one that they had on the premises and it ticks all the boxes.

Reactions: CAB
Thank you, that’s very reassuring to hear. We are very excited to get our first Campervans soon. It’s one that they had on the premises and it ticks all the boxes.
Exciting times!

Don't forget to post some pics when you have picked it up!

While I'm on here, I'll show off our new mini 'table' (aka the bottom of the bed) which our dealer kindly got from Leisuredrive for us.

View attachment 125342
Nice one. What are the dimensions of the panel / table please? Our dealer said LD do not provide them anymore. What do other people use for the end of their double bed?

Nice one. What are the dimensions of the panel / table please? Our dealer said LD do not provide them anymore. What do other people use for the end of their double bed?
Hi, nearly forgot this.

DSC_4024.JPG

DSC_4025.JPG

It comes with a 30cm foot at one end.

Mattress Toppers. What do you use on your Vivante?
Picking ours up this week and leaning towards a thin(ish) memory foam topper.
SWB HiTop.

Mattress Toppers. What do you use on your Vivante?
Picking ours up this week and leaning towards a thin(ish) memory foam topper.
SWB HiTop.
Hi @Graybags, welcome to the Team!

We use Duvalays with the 50mm foam.

We did have 40mm but I found it a bit thin, but then I'm a side sleeper. Mrs CAB didn't seem to notice!

You can fit two 907s in if you jiggle them about, put the spare in first, and the strap should go round both. Useful if away for a week and you don't want to waste gas by swapping before it is empty.

Having said that, we are swapping to Leisuregaz in yellow bottles, same size but cheaper refills.
Stupid question: is Leisuregaz the same type of gas as Campinggaz? Butane I believe?

It was a trade in from Go European, a Cathargo dealer. Ours looked like a tow car next to those monsters. 2017 converted in 2020 SWB. Basic model so I will be adding parking sensor and cruise. Downsizing from a Vantage Sol 6m.

8B3FE07B-64A5-4BDE-B38D-7B94E47A09D6.jpeg

So I picked up the Leisuredrive yesterday, 2 weeks late thank you Go European.

The previous owner did not leave the water tank for some reason so GO provided a 10L water carrier, generic by the looks of it. I did ask them to contact Leisuredrive and procure whatever they used as standard but this is what I’ve ended up with. Do I just punch holes in the top and leave the cap intact to screw on for travelling or what? Also there doesn’t seem to be any securing straps or anything. It seems very Heath Robinson to me.

How does everyone else do it?

Thanks,
Graham.

F5F4FBC6-6029-449B-8919-B35D0047BD9F.jpeg

5BAA0E93-4A3D-4C4A-96F6-8381162051AE.jpeg

The container is usually a Kampa 23 litre

Not sure on how it is secured as I have the external pump, I know some others here have the standard.

Thanks for the info.
So you remove the tap and put your hose in there - that looks better.
What type and where is your pump? - I may upgrade in the future.

Thanks for the info.
So you remove the tap and put your hose in there - that looks better.
What type and where is your pump? - I may upgrade in the future.
I think its a shurflo? We have the outside shower attachment. It's on the inside back wall of the cupboard (on the left as you look in).

Thanks @CAB.
just got the van so we’ll do some shake out stops and then rethink.
It’s a lot more basic than we’re used to. Hot water, heating, shower etc.
But it’s cute and the other was a lump.

Thanks @CAB.
just got the van so we’ll do some shake out stops and then rethink.
It’s a lot more basic than we’re used to. Hot water, heating, shower etc.
But it’s cute and the other was a lump.
I used a bung from ebay to secure the pipe and prevent splashing during driving, have a look through here :

We’ve got a bulky submersible pump (sealed) on the end so to put the hose on a bung means removing the pump and the electric feed, pushing through bung and then reconnecting. I could try slicing through a bung as a stopgap though.

So having had our first (cramped but comfortable) nights away in the van up at Rosedale Abbey could fellow LD owners confirm a couple of assumptions for me.

1. Hook up never charges the main motor battery, only the leisure battery
2. When the fridge is set to hook up, it is on regardless of any switch settings? Even though there is no way of telling.
3. When the fridge is set to hook up it is only the light that is operated by leisure battery and aux?
4. When the fridge is set to battery you have to set the leisure battery and aux on? (Or is it on regardless of switch settings and the switches just do the lights?)

I would have thought if the light works the fridge is on and if the light is not on the fridge is not on. But I suspect that is not the case Which seems bizarre to me.

Has anyone swapped the stalked reading light with the led light with the blue night light? They seem to be in the wrong position to me as I would want the reading light next to my head.

Where have people put coat hooks? I’ve put ours right up top above the rear seats next to the curtain track. (High top model).

Thank everyone. I did email LD but got no response.
Graham

Back