Team Leisuredrive

So having had our first (cramped but comfortable) nights away in the van up at Rosedale Abbey could fellow LD owners confirm a couple of assumptions for me.

1. Hook up never charges the main motor battery, only the leisure battery
2. When the fridge is set to hook up, it is on regardless of any switch settings? Even though there is no way of telling.
3. When the fridge is set to hook up it is only the light that is operated by leisure battery and aux?
4. When the fridge is set to battery you have to set the leisure battery and aux on? (Or is it on regardless of switch settings and the switches just do the lights?)

I would have thought if the light works the fridge is on and if the light is not on the fridge is not on. But I suspect that is not the case Which seems bizarre to me.

Has anyone swapped the stalked reading light with the led light with the blue night light? They seem to be in the wrong position to me as I would want the reading light next to my head.

Where have people put coat hooks? I’ve put ours right up top above the rear seats next to the curtain track. (High top model).

Thank everyone. I did email LD but got no response.
Graham
Hiya.

1. Correct, LB only.
2. Yes, on when hooked up and switch set to electric. No other switch.
3. Yes, the fridge light is on the 12v Aux circuit.
4. Battery only works when engine running. As far as I know, the 12v selector and Aux circuit have no effect.

The fridge light is completely independent of the fridge operation. Takes a while to get your head round it!

The lights suit us so haven't had to change.

Hope you enjoyed your time away anyway!

I think its a shurflo? We have the outside shower attachment. It's on the inside back wall of the cupboard (on the left as you look in).
Hi @CAB - is the shower attachment one of the two grey flaps in the pic? If so, what's the other one?
1651076267674.png

Last edited:
Hi @CAB - is the shower attachment one of the two grey flaps in the pic? If so, what's the other one?
View attachment 154677
Hi @jinch , welcome to the forum!

Lower one is the shower attachment; we had it replaced last year as it was very leaky, still does a bit but much better.

Upper one is a BBQ gas outlet. Haven't used it as we don't barbecue!

Both came with the upgrade package that included wind-out awning (used a lot) and diesel heater (essential item!!)

Hi @jinch , welcome to the forum!

Lower one is the shower attachment; we had it replaced last year as it was very leaky, still does a bit but much better.

Upper one is a BBQ gas outlet. Haven't used it as we don't barbecue!

Both came with the upgrade package that included wind-out awning (used a lot) and diesel heater (essential item!!)
Cheers mate. Looking at a Vivante - it’s got a wind-out awning and a heater (looks to be behind the offside rear seat? Or at least there’s a vent there) but no shower. Just wondered what it looked like

Reactions: CAB
Cheers mate. Looking at a Vivante - it’s got a wind-out awning and a heater (looks to be behind the offside rear seat? Or at least there’s a vent there) but no shower. Just wondered what it looked like
Heater is under the drivers seat, in the seat base, rather than under the van. :thumbsup:

Ah OK, I know on pictures of others (older Vivantes?) I have seen that there are heater outlets on the offside passenger or sofa base, some of them are 230v electric I think, but that looks like a diesel heater outlet.
Yeah I thought it looked like a diesel one too. Will find out when I view it. It's a 2011 so not that old I guess.

Reactions: CAB
Expecting to pick up a Vivante tomorrow, with side elevating pop top. One thing I'd like would be a scenic version of the canvas (example shown below from a company that supplies whole roofs like this).

Has anyone looked into this? How easy would it look to remove the eisting Leisuredrive canvas and replace it with a scenic one if one could be made? Not sure how the canvas is fitted for the standard one, and if it could easily be removed.

1651150603281.png

Cold shower I presume? if not I will be very very jealous.
4 boiled kettles into a full water container gives two showers!

Came in very useful when campsite facilities were closed.

Expecting to pick up a Vivante tomorrow, with side elevating pop top. One thing I'd like would be a scenic version of the canvas (example shown below from a company that supplies whole roofs like this).

Has anyone looked into this? How easy would it look to remove the eisting Leisuredrive canvas and replace it with a scenic one if one could be made? Not sure how the canvas is fitted for the standard one, and if it could easily be removed.

View attachment 154796
Not sure what is possible, it's pretty well bonded onto the van. See what you think when you pick it up!

Officially part of Team Leisuredrive !

Still on my way home from Birmingham but really enjoying the drive - feels way better than the Tourneo Custom I traded in against it.

Couple of what will be many questions:
(1) has every pop top got hinges the same as this? Seems weird that they haven’t been angled to suit the van profile?
(2) just noticed when I pulled in that the pop top paint seems to have weathered away! Is that normal for an 11 year old roof?

85CD3205-88BF-4EE6-9167-4A336EE1CE82.jpeg
D63DF586-C2C2-4F9F-AB2A-C2992822CCC8.jpeg
EAD6625D-9893-41D7-9A79-ED56A6D91096.jpeg

Still on my way home from Birmingham but really enjoying the drive - feels way better than the Tourneo Custom I traded in against it.

(1) has every pop top got hinges the same as this? Seems weird that they haven’t been angled to suit the van profile?
(2) just noticed when I pulled in that the pop top paint seems to have weathered away! Is that normal for an 11 year old roof?

View attachment 154909
View attachment 154910
View attachment 154911
Welcome to the Team!

They look like replacements. But then again it's an older roof. This is what they look like now :

DSC_4376.JPG

View attachment 154909
View attachment 154910
View attachment 154911
That roof does look poor, worth starting a separate thread for advice on that.

So a while back I asked if anyone had fitted a threshold cover which was deep enough (back to front) to cover the leisuredrive floor. The large one at Van X (£50) fits. My carpets at the back were getting filthy and also covered in glue so this one covers the mess up nicely. Next mission is to tackle the Leisuredrive bumper protector which didn’t last long at all before the lacquer started peeling.

214B2CF1-77EF-498A-8D7E-5290F8827348.jpeg

Anyone removed their Leisuredrive logos? I hate that kind of stuff and would normally take a hairdryer to it but the side ones are thick 3D, almost gel-like letters.

Will they come off the same way?

Took the Palm and ‘Vivante by Leisuredrive‘ off today. Hardly used the hairdryer as they came off quite easily. Quick wipe over with alcohol afterwards to remove any glue residue. They were stretchy vinyl, just used my nail to get under each letter - no marks.

i presume the blocks under your hinges are foam pads which have come unstuck from the contour?

agree with CAB re the roof. Whoever you bought it from should respray it - looks like a stick on solar panel has been removed.

Back