Team Devonports.

Hello Ian

I have 1 set with delivery miles and another set with two tyres on 2mm and 2 on 6mm

Yeah a few of the guys on here, I am going to have a play about later on today with 25mm and 35mm.
I will take some pictures for reference mine is a T32 SWB 204DSG on 30mm VW Springs currently.
My plan is to just discretely change the stance and hopefully fill the arches more.

So I was late back from work and have run out of light now but managed to put the 35mm H&R spacers on the back, nothing on the front currently. I will now try to add some bad pictures sorry !
First (out of focus) had no spacers at all
Second and third 35mm on rears
Nothing on front or rear.jpg35mm on rear nothing on front.jpg 35mm on rear nothing on front1.jpg

Actually a huge difference! What can you get away with at the front? Them same 35mm?

Yeah thanks it definitely has a better stance, I just need some decent weather and some daylignt to pop the fronts on. I have got 25mm for the fronts it should just balance out nicely. At the moment I am rocking the very staggered look until it stops chucking it down !

Im totally on the fence with these spacers, cant decide at all. I guess if you have thinner wheels they just make them stick out as far as any wider wheels. What do they look like from behind - love to see a before and after shot.

Just fitted 25mm on the back and 15mm on the front, as recommended by Daniel on here. I used the opportunity to get the jet wash out and cleaned everything you dont normally get at with the wheels on, cleaned the inside of the wheels, and then put the backs on the front (old school..). Waxoiled the metal brake pipes and a few other bits which is probably a bit pointless.
Pleased with the new stance from most angles, i dont think the view from behind will be too bad, not for me,anyway.

Im totally on the fence with these spacers, cant decide at all. I guess if you have thinner wheels they just make them stick out as far as any wider wheels. What do they look like from behind - love to see a before and after shot.
I'm on the fence a bit too. I think a modest amount can improve the looks of small wheels, like the Devonports I've got and that most people here fitting spacers seem to have. But I can't help thinking there must be some loss of strength/rigidity, even if it's only tiny, by adding another part in the drive train and I'd hate to think it could be considered contributory in any accident. It would also make it slightly easier to kerb the wheels I would have thought.

Are there any more upsides than looks? Does the wider track help cornering? If it makes the steering heavier that would be tempting to me as I find the steering far too light and lacking in feedback

Hi guys I to was on the fence but nothing ventured nothing gained and all that. Ultimately I will get some different wheels in the spring no doubt as I cannot leave it alone ! I was worried about bolting something onto the hub and then putting the wheels on top of that also, However having fitted them myself I can see how well engineered and strong the H&R kits are and now not worried at all. I understand this may well be putting more stress on other things but no more than putting a ton in the back and constantly running it at that weight. I rarely carry heavy loads so most of the time its practically empty. I have not really had a chance to feel any difference in the but in my head it feels much more sure footed on the rear at the moment.
Forgive me I did not get any before shots and what I have got are poor quality I am afraid !
Below is pictures of just the rear 35mm spacers still nothing on the front.

RearVan.jpg

Rearwithspacersno fronts.jpg

Back