Team Devonports.

If you stick with 235 tyres, I don't think Devonports can ever look at their best without spacers. I'm at 25mm/25mm. It looks spot on imo, without looking too aftermarket(ish) or dare I say boy racer-ish ;), which suits me. I user to have 40mm on the rears of my T5, which I liked for a while (call me Carlos Fandango), but after a while I thought it was too far away from an OEM style solution, which is now my preferred style.

Do you need to have the wheels aligned after fitting spacers?
not sure really, I did have mine done as a matter of course, and there was a slight adjustment needed, but that could have been there anyway. If I remember, I have mine checked every 15,000 miles or so; and our local guy only charges if he needs to adjust.
I think some people on this forum have had underlaying problems from new; which only became apparent with early tyre wear; by that time you are into hundreds of pounds for new tyres. I guess it is will worth it

Yes I will get it 4 wheel laser aligned anyway, it needed doing from new anyway to be spot on. It does not feel like the spacers have changed anything but I always have it done as a matter of course the tyres on mine are 215-60-17. I will run this set up now till the spring at least very happy with the drive, look and comfort for the moment.

90 mm drop on B14s! (Excuse the fact that the bus is not the cleanest but driven 457 miles round trip to get this done!). Oli and the team at @BognorMotors come highly recommended from me! Really great folks! Made a camping weekend out of it. Drove down to Bognor on Thursday after work and stayed overnight at the Prince of Wales pub and then spent the day in Brighton whilst the van was being hit with the lowering stick! Then after my test drive and still grinning from ear to ear, I drove on to Glastonbury for the night! Awesome times and as Oli says, the "drive back was better than the drive there!" Well happy!

Last edited:
Looking really good. So this is somethig else I have to save for lol

How is the ride compared to standard? Not too hard?
No it's awesome! Really really impressed! As for the spacers and wider tyres, no chance I am afraid. Been there done that, got the tshirt and the bill on the T5 lol! I love the way the wheels tuck in under the arches! Love it! Just love it!

Just signing in officially with the new wheels, no fancy suspension here, bog standard although I may drop 30mm but no lower. Just missed the rain by minutes fitting them so picture taken in the rain but this is sunny Wales after all :thumbsup:View attachment 11640
Looks great! You don't need to lower it, each to their own it looks great as is!

No it's awesome! Really really impressed! As for the spacers and wider tyres, no chance I am afraid. Been there done that, got the tshirt and the bill on the T5 lol! I love the way the wheels tuck in under the arches! Love it! Just love it!
I now see your inspiration with the "Tucked-Look" .....Jaguar E-Type
th.jpeg

On its release in March 1961[6] Enzo Ferraricalled it "the most beautiful car ever made".[7
I think you maybe onto something.....:waving:

Back