Wheel spacers real world views

Jasseb

VIP Member
Hi all, I’ve read a lot ref wheel spacers, I’m currently back on my devonports whilst I like the way they look I but hate the way they tuck inside the arches,

I was thinking of 20mm spacers all round, has anyone got any long term experience with spacers ? Any problems with them wearing components out sooner etc ???? Many thanks

Just don't bother with the cheap 'universal' type off ebay/amazon and the ones with a proper lip to center the wheel are much better than those without.

Just try 15's on the back 1st. If you decide you want the fronts doing later then move the 15's to the front and get 25's for the back.

Run 20 front, 30 rear for 80k on last van and nearly 40k on current. No excessive bearing wear, no extra tyre wear just much better looks - plus ability to straddle speed cushions).

I use the bolt on type so they just stay on whether it's summer 20" Bbs or winter 17" Cascavals .

Hi all, I’ve read a lot ref wheel spacers, I’m currently back on my devonports whilst I like the way they look I but hate the way they tuck inside the arches,

I was thinking of 20mm spacers all round, has anyone got any long term experience with spacers ? Any problems with them wearing components out sooner etc ???? Many thanks
Running spacers won’t cause any issues with wear on other components. They are an excellent idea to improve the look of the van with no negative side effects. Some customers have also said that they feel more stable on the road due to the extra track width.

Bear in mind that the rear wheels sit approximately 10-15mm further inboard from the arches than the front wheels. It’s for this reason that people are rightly recommending different width spacers front and rear. It keeps the aesthetic more consistent front to back.

15mm front and 25mm rear is the most popular setup I sell for people looking to do exactly what you are.

Thanks the van cave much appreciated I’m also thinking of lowering to it’s a t6.1 t32 I have the Koni kit from crs on my t5.1 what do recommend? Cheers

Run 20 front, 30 rear for 80k on last van and nearly 40k on current. No excessive bearing wear, no extra tyre wear just much better looks - plus ability to straddle speed cushions).

I use the bolt on type so they just stay on whether it's summer 20" Bbs or winter 17" Cascavals .
Thanks for the reply appreciated

Thanks the van cave much appreciated I’m also thinking of lowering to it’s a t6.1 t32 I have the Koni kit from crs on my t5.1 what do recommend? Cheers
I’ll drop you a DM to discuss options, I’ll ask a few questions to start with to make sure I’m recommending the right kit for you.

Looks like you’re only just down the road from me too, ideal.

I’ll drop you a DM to discuss options, I’ll ask a few questions to start with to make sure I’m recommending the right kit for you.

Looks like you’re only just down the road from me too, ideal.
Hi Chris,

Do you keep these on the shelf? I’m generally there for the taking for a bit of an upsell when I visit you next month :rofl:

Where did you get them from mate?

Back