Team Chestnut Brown

Very nice indeed :thumbsup:
Thanks mate,only had it 2 months and it's been lowered on bilsteins with 20"bbs wheels, front splitter added rear sportline spoiler,windows tinted and colour coded engine cover and had a full ceramic coating and 2 hydrophobic coatings plus all seats and carpets waterproofed.
She is a lovely bus with plenty more to come

20191027_120731.jpg

Got to keep Chestnut Brown near the top of the pile, this is a more recent shot of Agnes Brown our camper, apart from B14s and H&R Arbs underneath the changes have been mainly an infestation of bling!

Hi,
Another brownie from Slovenia. Great to read about your enthusiasm about your vans.
Got mine t6 150hp 4motion caravelle about a month ago and absolutely love it. Plan is to make a hiking, cycling and few days escape family van. Currently happy with my 18' wheels.
IMG_20200805_141648.jpgIMG_20200801_102144.jpgIMG_20200805_141636.jpg

IMG_20200805_141636.jpg

Hi, Looks so good.
When the solows were fitted did you have the bumpstops cut down and Abs line moved?
How far are the solows wound down and how’s the ride?

Hi, Looks so good.
When the solows were fitted did you have the bumpstops cut down and Abs line moved?
How far are the solows wound down and how’s the ride?

Thanks, it’s certainly getting there. ABS lines were moved to avoid crushing, but bump stops weren’t modified yet.

SoLows are wound down all the way at the rear and are 5mm from bottom at the front so not to let the adjuster seize shut. Stage 1 hub mod was done too and skimmed top mounts. The ride is impeccable, not crashy even with 20” on stretched tyres, although I do get a little drive shaft shudder on heavy corners due to ride height.

The next step is to go a slimmer tyre on the rear and add the adjuster deletes to gain about 20-30mm drop at the back, then do an extreme hub mod at the front following a subframe and engine raise, as the frame at the moment is about 40mm off the floor so would be unusable if it was dropped further at this stage. This will also solve the drive shaft Issue too.

Funny how to drop approx 150mm is relatively easy, but that last 20mm is a whole other level!

Last edited:
Thanks, it’s certainly getting there. ABS lines were moved to avoid crushing, but bump stops weren’t modified yet.

SoLows are wound down all the way at the rear and are 5mm from bottom at the front so not to let the adjuster seize shut. Stage 1 hub mod was done too and skimmed top mounts. The ride is impeccable, not crashy even with 20” on stretched tyres, although I do get a little drive shaft shudder on heavy corners due to ride height.

The next step is to go a slimmer tyre on the rear and add the adjuster deletes to gain about 20-30mm drop at the then do an extreme hub mod at the front following a subframe and engine raise, as the frame at the moment is about 40mm off the floor so would be unusable if it was dropped further at this stage. This will also solve the drive shaft Issue too.

Funny how to drop approx 150mm is relatively easy, but that last 20mm is a whole other level!
Thanks for the info, very helpful.

Near eight months of looking and finally I get to join the team with my DSG Kombi. Was a real hassle getting her as she was the wrong side of a particular border and I had already paid for it! Nice alloys can wait as first job is to get her booked in to Lakeland Transporters for a Skyline roof. Only Problem is why colour? So far im thinking, Burgundy, Orange, Oatmeal, latte, Light beige and various greys. Anybody got any pics for inspiration?tempImage2AXJod.jpg

Here is my T6
I have a few of the usual mods planned in the next few weeks, upgraded lights front and rear plus repeaters. Suspension lowered coil overs and springs and gloss black grilles to start with.
Will post another photo when all done.

BF6EEA3E-F2CF-49CF-891C-38E8E1EC2DC7.jpeg

Back