Team Chestnut Brown

Hello guys just had my drivers mirror knocked of and totally smashed , what would be the cost of a new one and would vw stock coloured coded ? Thanks in advance

Soon to join team Chestnut, and playing about with wheel ideas. Heart is set on Oz Rally Raids in 17" with semi-offroad tyres (Pirelli Scorpions most likely).

Trick is choosing a colour. I think the Gloss Bronze looks too closely like it's trying to match the van. Matte Black, well safe bet really. However, recently noticed a company stocking them in Oz Race Gold. It would be pretty bold, but I think it may work. Am I brave/bold enough though!

@Grantygib, nicked one of your pics to play with as it worked well and is pretty much the same setup from this angle (Caravelle with Sportline spoiler!).

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-13 at 08.44.41.jpeg

In addition, for future reference - here's a pic I found of a brown (Toffee? Is it the same as chestnut?) T5 wearing the bronze version of these wheels. Found this by chance in the comments section of a wheel fitter on Facebook after thinking I'd never find an example of this combo!

2f097cef-dbd0-45de-b4d7-3dd1d3ff742a.jpg

Last edited:
This is our t6 shuttle 'Timmy' which after extensive mods to remove wheelchair ramp we are now converting to a camper. Need to do something about ride height and open to ideas for subtle accent colours?IMG_1487.JPG

Or coilovers and possibly thickers Arbs, either way stock springs and shock absorbers are the spawn of Santa.
As for colour combo with Chestnut brown I've not seen a two tone one yet and it's not for the want of looking as evry now and then I'll see a "right" combination of colours and with campers in particular it accents that holiday van rather than tough guy look, mind you with colours there's always another one that catches your eye... turmeric (Kukurma), now there's a colour!

Or coilovers and possibly thickers Arbs, either way stock springs and shock absorbers are the spawn of Santa.
As for colour combo with Chestnut brown I've not seen a two tone one yet and it's not for the want of looking as evry now and then I'll see a "right" combination of colours and with campers in particular it accents that holiday van rather than tough guy look, mind you with colours there's always another one that catches your eye... turmeric (Kukurma), now there's a colour!
Spawn of santa? :slow rofl:
5800CC3B-E50F-4B34-A951-1E6A0D7785AE.jpeg

I really don’t find the shuttle suspension bad compared to my last t26 van I’m sure there must be differences underneath

Mine's a T28 camper but when first picked up with stock suspension and Clayton wheels, every drive was a white knuckle ride with bouncing and crashing despite what should feel like a planted loaded van.
Sweet spot for driving comfort was a 45mm drop on Bilsteins and 18" wheels running 255 45 tyres, the ride was plush, fitting thicker Arbs took away some of that plushness and stopped any body roll in it's tracks but at the cost of an harder ride... it's also possible now to open both the grille and fridge doors on right handers.

Mine's a T28 camper but when first picked up with stock suspension and Clayton wheels, every drive was a white knuckle ride with bouncing and crashing despite what should feel like a planted loaded van.
Sweet spot for driving comfort was a 45mm drop on Bilsteins and 18" wheels running 255 45 tyres, the ride was plush, fitting thicker Arbs took away some of that plushness and stopped any body roll in it's tracks but at the cost of an harder ride... it's also possible now to open both the grille and fridge doors on right handers.

396634cc-9c96-408f-ab33-e2b6142f2b72.jpg

Reactions: CAB
IMG_9733.jpeg
IMG_9746.jpeg
IMG_9745.jpeg

After about a year of not giving the bus much love or attention, I took the opportunity over the long weekend to finally get the suspension changed over to Airlift Performance and I’m back in love with her.

Front can come down a bit with more arch liner cutting and the rear could drop more if I loose the 30mm spacers but quite enjoying the flush look.

What do you guys think?

Back