Team Cherry Red

Love this colour - but black wheels are a no from me.
I‘ve got a black T6 and trying to decide on wheels too - but black is off the list as they just look like big black blobs with no definition and make the tyres look brown.
I know exactly what you mean hence the wheel dilemma.

View attachment 163592
Also love the black alloys on the red but all down to personal preference
@DeadRandom - Can I please ask what make and size of black wheels they are?

Permission to join Team Red :)

I've had the van for around a month and only found this thread yesterday. Lots of small jobs in progress but the main one has to be wheels.

Wheels -any ideas welcome. Make, colour etc. I had originally thought about powder coating the Devonports in gloss black bit moving away from the idea. Wolfrace Munich in black is number 1 choice at the minute.

View attachment 163574
I like the living roof on the van. Will offset the exhaust emissions :)

Nice! Are these really 18" wheels? They look much bigger as they fit the arch very well.

Can I ask what tyres you're running and whether you've had your suspension lowered by much?
I've got 50mm lowered springs. The Tyres are Googyear F1's 255/45 18

Afternoon Ladies and Gents. New to the forum as a new T6.1 owner here. Camperking Saint Tropez conversion with a few extras. happy to join Team Cherry Red.
Currently trying to decide what wheels to upgrade to. Anyone have OZ Racing Rally Van/ Rally Raid or Superturismo Dakars on their van?

View attachment 144793

View attachment 144794
Hello Team Cherry Red!
It's been a while since I posted an update and I'm pleased to say that 7 months in, I'm still loving the van. It now has Bilstein B14 Komfort coilovers, Bola wheels and Continental Premium Contact tyres. Drives like a very different vehicle.

IMG_7464.jpg

IMG_7492.jpg

IMG_7494.jpg

IMG_7595.jpg

IMG_7944.jpg

IMG_7945.jpg

IMG_8902.jpg

Hello everyone, I recently bought a cherry red van for conversion. Next to being a campervan it will also be my daily driver vehicle. A lot of people now tell me red is a very difficult color to keep looking good. As in, colors washing out very quickly etc. Can you red van owners enlighten me about this? I hate my cars looking bad but do not have the time to do a proper polishing job every month. It is something I'm willing to put time and effort in 2 times a year maybe as a maximum. This got me second guessing my color choice a bit. The van is too high to fit in my garage sadly. so it will be seeing a lot of sun.

Last edited:
Reactions: CAB
Hello everyone, I recently bought a cherry red van for conversion. Next to being a campervan it will also be my daily driver vehicle. A lot of people now tell me red is a very difficult color to keep looking good. As in, colors washing out very quickly etc. Can you red van owners enlighten me about this? I hate my cars looking bad but do not have the time to do a proper polishing job every month. It is something I'm willing to put time and effort in 2 times a year maybe as a maximum. This got me second guessing my color choice a bit. The van is too high to fit in my garage sadly. so it will be seeing a lot of sun.
Red wasn't my first choice - and at the time, was about all that was available. That said, it's a great colour and really pops. Mine is in the sun/wind/rain all day, and since it's not outside my house, it's not easy to get to, so polishing it will be a couple of times a year job for me. I've only had mine this year, so won't have noticed any fade, that'll be for others, but it's a 19 plate, and doesn't look bad at all, to my mind.

We have had our cherry red for three years now and it doesn’t seem to have faded at all. On a plus note it doesn’t show the dirt as much as other vans

Try not to get to worked up about it! It wasn’t my first choice colour but came up at the right price! Mine gets grubby but I work on a building site I tend to clean mine every couple of weeks and it is worth it because they do look good when clean! I prob deep clean and polish couple of times of year and then just give a wipe over with a good Detailer every time I wash to keep it protected! Had mine 3 years or so now 17 plate no did colouring at all!

Try not to get to worked up about it! It wasn’t my first choice colour but came up at the right price! Mine gets grubby but I work on a building site I tend to clean mine every couple of weeks and it is worth it because they do look good when clean! I prob deep clean and polish couple of times of year and then just give a wipe over with a good Detailer every time I wash to keep it protected! Had mine 3 years or so now 17 plate no did colouring at all!
Thanks! Wasn't my first choice either but was available at the right time for the right price and location. Won't be seeing any building sites with this one though. 17 plate also and looking great at the moment! Like to keep it that way, I have never spend so much on a vehicle. It's a pretty basic version but the conversion is expensive enough. 0C17EDCF-6178-4462-A43E-834B90B1B9D4.jpeg

I am looking into having my Cherry Red 'wrapped' it will still be a shade ofvred but pehaps not so cherry red. Will you boot me out and have to join a different group - lol ???

I am looking into having my Cherry Red 'wrapped' it will still be a shade ofvred but pehaps not so cherry red. Will you boot me out and have to join a different group - lol ???

Back