Cherry Red - What colour for pop top canvas?

Richard1000

Hi all.
Looking for your wisdom.
We brought a t6 edition kombi in cherry Red this summer and have finally got the cash to have a pop top.
I was going to go for black as it would work well with the edition decals but the fitter advised grey as they thought the black would be too dark on the inside.
Does anyone have a black canvas (austops) and what are your thoughts?
Thanks, Rich

Black is the perfect colour for a canvas if you don't like been woken at the crack of dawn. It may be a tad dark during the day, but presumably there are window openings in the canvas, if not a "scenic" option where you can unzip and fold back the whole canvas?

Thanks for the response.
I agree with the wake up business, have you got a black canvass? Just worried about it feeling like a cave in the day!

Haha! No - far from it. I have a bright orange canvas and on a bright, sunny morning, everything has an orange hue for the first 10 mins after exiting the van!!! :cool:

I have previously rented a van with a black canvas though. With everything closed-up, you could barely tell is was daytime - excellent for a lie-in. With the canvas openings unzipped and the sliding door and blinds open, it didn't strike me as particularly dark at all. The only reason I went for an orange canvas was aesthetics - I have a Pure Grey van with orange accents, so the orange matched well.

Reactions: CAB
Our poptop has black canvas with anthracite interior trim , it look great and hides scuffs and marks !! But it can be a bit gloomy !!
The black canvas with a black poptop lid does look very good with indium grey paintwork and black wheels though , but as we have bits of red trim in the leather stitch seats etc etc my choice would have been to go with red canvas !!

I have a black canvas and the sides have mesh windows and the front a plastic window. Let’s plenty of light in.

On my current T6 build I’ve gone black again but upgraded to a ‘scenic’ canvas

In deep discussion now. The orange with grey sounds great, a bit like my vango force 10 tent!
We are leaning towards black, anyone got a picture from the inside?
Greatly appreciated

Just remember that you're the one that'll have to live with (and pay for) the conversion, so if, despite others' advice, you still you want a black canvas, choose a black canvas!!

There were a couple of aspects of my conversion where I went against my converter's advice. I'm sooo pleased I stood my ground.

Back