Team Banded Brothers.

I agree with Rich, it doesn't need them @Skyliner33
I only use side bars because my van isn't 'air' low, but once I move to a lower setup, i'm ditching mine.
Yours has the bling of the stunning steels, and the bars almost take away some of that wow factor. Give the steels the full limelight. They look awesome on yours aired out, and a big improvement on the previous 19s, which I never thought worked;)

Afternoon, I’ve just pulled the trigger on some RR banded steels from Dutchy! Can I ask the pros a few questions.

1.Dutch’s recommended 9 front 9.5 and said he only adds it to the back anyway. I see some are running 9 and 10. What’s your views?

2. tyre recommendations? I have a T32 but I don’t want loads of side wall and a slight stretch on the back. I know I can’t have it all. I’m running pretty low but can raise slightly.

3. do I need some new rings on the hub? Are they called spigot rings? I’ve got a set for my TSW alloys but can they be used or do I need certain ones for the RRs

cheers

Afternoon, I’ve just pulled the trigger on some RR banded steels from Dutchy! Can I ask the pros a few questions.

1.Dutch’s recommended 9 front 9.5 and said he only adds it to the back anyway. I see some are running 9 and 10. What’s your views?

2. tyre recommendations? I have a T32 but I don’t want loads of side wall and a slight stretch on the back. I know I can’t have it all. I’m running pretty low but can raise slightly.

3. do I need some new rings on the hub? Are they called spigot rings? I’ve got a set for my TSW alloys but can they be used or do I need certain ones for the RRs

cheers

I'd aways go on what Jamie recommends simply because he does so many for Transporters and it's easy to get it wrong if you adjust anything he says. Trust me, I know first hand the mistakes made by moving outside his parameters.

Tyres, you will only get 45 profiles that are suitable for a T32 and they will be minimum 255/45/19s. They sit nice on the front wheels, and give a very slight stretch on the rears, but not anything as mad as some of the stuff we see.

Ask Jamie about Spigots, because he might be adding them to the order as standard anyway, but just check.

The only tips I can pass on are never kerb them, or you will need them re-furbing straight away because they rust in days of a kerb rash. Avoid monster potholes if you can, because they buckle quite easily, and bare in mind they are a very heavy wheel.
Other than that, they are an awesome wheel and i've run my RRs for over 2 years now, with a couple of kerb bashings that Jamie fixed, and a pothole bend that couldn't be repaired. They look awesome on the right van, but look better on something that is more commercial looking, than full on bling and spoilers, but that's just me.

What colour have you gone?

I'd aways go on what Jamie recommends simply because he does so many for Transporters and it's easy to get it wrong if you adjust anything he says. Trust me, I know first hand the mistakes made by moving outside his parameters.

Tyres, you will only get 45 profiles that are suitable for a T32 and they will be minimum 255/45/19s. They sit nice on the front wheels, and give a very slight stretch on the rears, but not anything as mad as some of the stuff we see.

Ask Jamie about Spigots, because he might be adding them to the order as standard anyway, but just check.

The only tips I can pass on are never kerb them, or you will need them re-furbing straight away because they rust in days of a kerb rash. Avoid monster potholes if you can, because they buckle quite easily, and bare in mind they are a very heavy wheel.
Other than that, they are an awesome wheel and i've run my RRs for over 2 years now, with a couple of kerb bashings that Jamie fixed, and a pothole bend that couldn't be repaired. They look awesome on the right van, but look better on something that is more commercial looking, than full on bling and spoilers, but that's just me.

What colour have you gone?

thanks for the reply!! I’ve just spoke to Jaime and he is including the spigot rings.

if I hit a monster pot hole wheels and the whole underside of the van would be a concern :oops: and I’d possibly break down in tears and cry like a baby at the side of the road!

I’ve found the whole experience with Jaime a pleasure! Really nice fella and would highly recommend him for being so helpful. As we all know the alloy wheel journey is a pain in the ass and costly.

I went for his satin Black colour but with a bit more sheen. I've seen the colour on a transporter HQ flat grey van. Thankfully he actually did the wheels for.
Colour has been the thing I’ve struggled with but I suppose if they don’t work it can always be changed! I wasn’t sure if they would look like a black blob.. I don’t like the silver against my red as I have no silver bits. I’ve got powder coated satin at the moment which look great when they are clean for about 10 mins!

thanks for the reply!! I’ve just spoke to Jaime and he is including the spigot rings.

if I hit a monster pot hole wheels and the whole underside of the van would be a concern :oops: and I’d possibly break down in tears and cry like a baby at the side of the road!

I’ve found the whole experience with Jaime a pleasure! Really nice fella and would highly recommend him for being so helpful. As we all know the alloy wheel journey is a pain in the ass and costly.

I went for his satin Black colour but with a bit more sheen. I've seen the colour on a transporter HQ flat grey van. Thankfully he actually did the wheels for.
Colour has been the thing I’ve struggled with but I suppose if they don’t work it can always be changed! I wasn’t sure if they would look like a black blob.. I don’t like the silver against my red as I have no silver bits. I’ve got powder coated satin at the moment which look great when they are clean for about 10 mins!

Your spot on, they do look like a Black Blob.... on my T6. I've gone Black several times with various banded steels and I just cannot pull them off on mine, but Red is a different animal and although Black banded 19s loose a little of their visual depth in Black, they will suit your T6.
The colour you've gone for, Jamie did my daughters wheels in for her Mini, which is also Black, but that colour he does is pretty cool, and works on her Mini because she has the standard Black arches to break up the mass of Black.
Only time will tell if you fall in love with them in Black, but you have my vote.

Back