Taking the T6 for a drive outback.

GarryM

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Wife and I are heading out Saturday 10 Jun 17 for a drive up the far North East through the outback then across to the east coast and back down the coast to home at Hanging Rock Victoria. A short drive of about 8000km and will take about three months before we get back home.

Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 12.32.38 PM.png

Will start the photos of the trip as we go.

Garry n Kate

How VERY cool! Only done the NSW coast (plus inland a fair bit to a relative's farm) but enjoyed it. That looks like an epic trip!

Funnily enough as well as our Cali 4motion, we also have an Outback (Subaru)!

Is your T6 modded for the trip? Extra water tanks, fuel, bash protection, etc?

Wife and I are heading out Saturday 10 Jun 17 for a drive up the far North East through the outback then across to the east coast and back down the coast to home at Hanging Rock Victoria. A short drive of about 8000km and will take about three months before we get back home.

View attachment 9447

Garry n Kate
No Sat phone, but an EPIRB as a final help. Mind you the roads where I am going usually have one or two cars a day and I am carrying quite a bit of food and water and its winter and the temps will not go much above 30c so pretty cool.

How VERY cool! Only done the NSW coast (plus inland a fair bit to a relative's farm) but enjoyed it. That looks like an epic trip!

Funnily enough as well as our Cali 4motion, we also have an Outback (Subaru)!

Is your T6 modded for the trip? Extra water tanks, fuel, bash protection, etc?

I have a Subaru also... The van has VW rough road suspension and rear diff lock as well as under body protection and we carry about 65l of water. it is all in 100mm pipes under the RH cabinets with electric pump to the sink and outside pull out shower. Its KISS principle. Visual water levels.

IMG_1401.jpg

Ha ha ha,
And I whinge about going around the M25. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sounds like a fab trip, for the likes of me it would be a once in a lifetime jobbie.

Power to your elbow, cant wait to see how it turns out

View attachment 9447

Garry n Kate
Now that sounds like a bloody good reason to get my van shipped out to Aus, and just go for a drive. Leave all the stresses and strains behind. Not at all envious :sick::speechless:.
Good luck, enjoy, and most importantly watch out for all those bloody horrible killer creatures you have out there that can get in through the smallest gap in the van. At least all we have to worry about in good old Blighty is the frickin midges!
Looking forward to all of the pictures already.

Now that sounds like a bloody good reason to get my van shipped out to Aus, and just go for a drive. Leave all the stresses and strains behind. Not at all envious :sick::speechless:.
Good luck, enjoy, and most importantly watch out for all those bloody horrible killer creatures you have out there that can get in through the smallest gap in the van. At least all we have to worry about in good old Blighty is the frickin midges!
Looking forward to all of the pictures already.

I'm in, group discount on shipping?

Goodness me @T6 Dave's Dad, you are a veritable encyclopaedia, is there anything you don't know?:thumbsup:
Can I have the numbers for Friday nights euro million lottery draw please.
The information is out there to be analysed if you know where and how to put it together, plus lots of challenging life experiences. As to the lottery - if only as I wouldn't then have to rely on pensions :rofl:.

My wife Kate and I have been doing some sort of loop of Australia every two years for some time. The last time it was up the centre with VW Kombi on train and then drive back down west coast to Perth and back across to home for three months. Problem was the old van would break down somewhere, Last time 600 km north of Perth. It became a joke as the holiday to see where we would break down.. Sold it 2 years ago. Still was fun. Am hoping no break downs in the new van.

IMG_2483.jpg IMG_2602.jpg IMG_2677.jpg IMG_2798.jpg

IMG_2386.jpg

My wife Kate and I have been doing some sort of loop of Australia every two years for some time. The last time it was up the centre with VW Kombi on train and then drive back down west coast to Perth and back across to home for three months. Problem was the old van would break down somewhere, Last time 600 km north of Perth. It became a joke as the holiday to see where we would break down.. Sold it 2 years ago. Still was fun. Am hoping no break downs in the new van.

View attachment 9493 View attachment 9494 View attachment 9495 View attachment 9496 View attachment 9497

View attachment 9482
@GarryM Beautiful photos, spectacular scenery and, no doubt, lovely memories :D:cool::thumbsup:.

It certainly beats a Wicked Camper.

Can we expect lots of photo's with the van parked in front of Australia's 'Big' attractions (apple, crab etc)?

Photos will follow however, as I was finishing off the final packing, I slipped and knocked the rear passenger side window and blow me down, it shattered. Just to make things worse, after lots of phone calls the only spare windows are in Sydney, 800km away. To make matters even worse, it was 3.30 on Friday afternoon of a holiday weekend. (Australia celebrating the Queens birthday weekend!!!!!) so window cannot be delivered to the repairer until Tuesday arvo and fitting will be Wednesday next week. So taped it up so it does not fall out, sit back, have a beer, enjoy the long weekend and start again next week. Bugger.

IMG_1423.jpg

Photos will follow however, as I was finishing off the final packing, I slipped and knocked the rear passenger side window and blow me down, it shattered. Just to make things worse, after lots of phone calls the only spare windows are in Sydney, 800km away. To make matters even worse, it was 3.30 on Friday afternoon of a holiday weekend. (Australia celebrating the Queens birthday weekend!!!!!) so window cannot be delivered to the repairer until Tuesday arvo and fitting will be Wednesday next week. So taped it up so it does not fall out, sit back, have a beer, enjoy the long weekend and start again next week. Bugger.

View attachment 9499
S*^t happens sometimes fella, roll with the punches and don't let it spoil the fun.

Back