Tailgate replacement: adding wiper + HRW

MR07MDB

Hi there just joined on here not the best at all this but here goes, I have a T6 panel van that's been hit in the tailgate and I would like to change it to glass and add a wiper and heated glass could someone tell me the cost off this please or point me in the right direction I have the tailgate new one through the insurance and there ok for me to have glass but I want wiper on it is this possible

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't forget you'll also need the correct wiper stalk, wiring, water pipe, maybe a different pump and washer jet. Then the van will need coding to make it work.

Personally I'd not fit a wiper. I don't like the wiper smearing grit across the rear screen. In two years, I've never used mine.

Last edited:
Don't forget you'll also need the correct wiper stalk, wiring, water pipe and washer jet. Then the van will need coding to make it work.

Personally I'd not fit a wiper. I don't like the wiper smearing grit across the rear screen. In two years, I've never used mine.
I’m not a fan of the wiping grit contribution that the rear wiper makes either. But, I have found that if it use it more often and with the washer, it works better and keeps the blade more supple

The first VCDS job was to turn off auto wiping in reverse.

I use my rear wiper every time it rains, not much point in having a rear window you can’t see through.
As for wiping grit, there are no scratches on my rear window, or any other vehicle with a rear wiper I’ve owned.

Reactions: JOG
I use my rear wiper every time it rains, not much point in having a rear window you can’t see through.
As for wiping grit, there are no scratches on my rear window, or any other vehicle with a rear wiper I’ve owned.
Same for me

I had an aftermarket rear window fitted to my pv, no wiper. Can't say I've missed it and I like the sharp look and no worries about 'wiper droop'....

Hi there just joined on here not the best at all this but here goes, I have a T6 panel van that's been hit in the tailgate and I would like to change it to glass and add a wiper and heated glass could someone tell me the cost off this please or point me in the right direction I have the tailgate new one through the insurance and there ok for me to have glass but I want wiper on it is this possible
As you’re close by, you could contact VolksFit for a price

I have a complete wiper /washer unit for sale if it's any good to you. I'd take £50

Back