Tailgate chair storage

Phil Harris

T6 Guru
Afternoon all,

I'm loving the VW California tailgate storage, has anyone fitted to a T6? Alternatively is there a similar option?

I was told you couldn't re fit if you have power tailgate ??? But didn't investigate it any further very good idea and is has built in window blind

I always assumed they had a physically different tailgate to accommodate it ?

I asked our dealer about this, he never got back to me. It looked like you would just change the boot card to me, and perhaps the gas struts. It would rob a bit of boot space.
There is also a table holder for sliding door card replacement I think.
I think the door card was only available in grey (mine are black)
Look pretty cool, and really useful.

Now thats a brilliant mod, no storage space at all and my jack is now lost somewhere ha

Hi @Ads_Essex, I've recently fitted the cali tailgate/chair panel as well. I noticed yours has what looks like an extra clip or fixing on the top (above where the wiper would be) does that fix to anything?
That’s the button I fitted to open the tailgate. I don’t have a rear wiper FYI.
I never / haven’t got round to it, but the shape there where it would hide the rear wiper is probably ideal for installing a rear dash-cam

Ahh good stuff! I have my tailgate-release cabling wired in and coiled up, but haven't dared drill a hole in the panel yet.

Another question, did you ever have a problem with these clips not gripping the lower panel tight enough?

I had to pinch them tighter together as the trim would come loose when fitting the chairs or if the tailgate was slammed shut.

I'm still not convinced its solved it and it won't happen again, the chairs are a very tight fit in the foam.

Clips.jpg

clips2.jpeg

Another question, did you ever have a problem with these clips not gripping the lower panel tight enough?
I didn’t, but did break a clip where the top meets the window surround (near to your switch) meaning it sits off by a mm or so, annoyingly.

Excellent idea with the button placement.

An expensive upgrade but it’s really handy for the chairs and an integrated blind

Back