Table / Internal Load Carrying platform

EAN

VIP Member
T6 Guru
We’ve been a bit short of room stuffing all our camping gear in the van and we also wanted a way to securely carry our fold up electric bikes for days out.
I put my thinking cap on and decided that a platform, with convenient strapping points, mounted onto the rear RIB seat would do the trick and as everything should have more than one use I decided it would be good for it to double up as a decent sized table (115cm x 80cm) whilst we are actually camping.
This is what I made. Tested it out this weekend and it’s worked really well for us.

IMG_20230619_144952_888.jpeg

IMG_20230619_144401_008.jpeg

IMG_20230619_145909_117.jpeg

Last edited:
How have you secured the platform to the seats? Are you using ISOFIX anchor points?

@Bav My RIB seat doesn't have any ISOFIX. I have just used 4 TUV approved straps with known load capacity around the structural frame of the seat. 1 each side towards the front of the seat and 2 across the back. These go through strap downs, again properly load rated and the strap down points themselves are bolted through the structural plywood with 10.8 grade fixings. Its very secure.

Reactions: Bav
Back