T6F Summer Camp 22 - (22-24th July 2022)

T6F Summer Camp 22 - (22-24th July 2022)
Posted by Dellmassive
Brook Meadow,
Friday, 22 July, 2022 - 12:00
Until: Sunday, 24 July, 2022 - 13:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Status
Not open for further replies.
Plenty of
We bought our T6 last October but due to the wife being in and out of hospital we have had to cancel several planned outings so this will be our first weekend away.
I haven’t even had chance to practice putting up our new Venga awning so I’m hoping someone at the site might assist if needed?
Since October I have only tweaked bits and pieces on the camper - brakes checked over, couple of mechanical issues sorted, removed faulty immobiliser, set of new T6 carpets fitted, decals added, trim fitted, wing mirror covers changed, and, hopefully, all ready to just enjoy.
We are both looking forward to meeting everyone and immersing ourselves in the VW life.
For me, it’s been over 48 years since my parents had a caravanette, and have always missed that unique “get-up-and-go” lifestyle!
Plenty of help on hand :thumbsup:

Awesome. . . . (were going up Tuesday for a few days R&R before hand)

there will be some members coming over Thursday from what i can see,

well be setting up the disco tent Thursday too.

so there will be loads to see and do.

whos coming up when?
We’ll be up Friday afternoon until Monday. Managed to now get the Friday and Monday off work. Sam & Nick (@Mud Digger)

So, I will be christening:-
RIB bed
Vango California Mattress
Cadac
Air Awning setup....

What will you be trying out for the first time ?
Well, where do I start????
Complete virgin for this, our very first camp-out……
…….we’re both extremely nervous, fumbling through our bits and trying to make small talk whilst attempting to get it on (the bedding in the pop top!).
Informed the missus that she needs to blow the awning……that’s when her eyes lit up, but soon returned to her standard stern look when I showed her the Vango Kela!
Packing plenty of lube (again, her eyes lit up) but for greasing our two dogs - reckon I can squeeze them in between the wardrobe and kitchen sink!
The front seat is already rammed with everything out of the larder……”Well, you never know when you’ll get hungry”!!!!! (Might have to ditch the liquid margarine and green cheese before we leave).
Cadac looks lovely so will try to not use it over the weekend at the Summer camp. Planning on having fish and chips and pizza for breakfast, dinner and tea but hoping that if we create a big enough diversion on the Saturday morning we might get the opportunity to nab someone else’s full English!
The only other stuff we still haven’t used yet or need are:-
1) Steering wheel (it’s a straight line between home and work).
2) Sat nav with annoying and condescending voice that includes rivers and canals as acceptable driving routes.
3) Spare air for the tyres.
4) Mosquito and alligator repellent.
5) Two black bin bags as fancy dress (I know, it’s rubbish).
6) Strong safety pin on the back of the wife’s bra when she does her Barbara Windsor impressions.
7) Pack of ging gangs for our goolies.
8) Wide lapelled white jacket and even wider flairs for Del’s disco.

Looking forward to being surrounded by 87 other “experts” when setting up and being part of the collective 88 campers, dubbers, snorers, party animals and friends!

@starstruck yes you can,

When you check-in..

But try to get one printed out for the windscreen.....

That way when the forum police patrol the site over the weekend for any non T6F'ers you won't get singled out.

Plus it helps members see who's who's and makes it easier meeting your new fellow members.

Don't forget to get you T6F private plates made up....

Stick em on the van or in the window.

20210725_153935.jpg20210630_130344.jpg20210716_183936.jpgIMG-20210719-WA0088.jpg

Reactions: CAB
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back