[T6_measured] 01-Engine - Oil pressure switches & Oil level sensor

So, I changed the oil switch on the filter housing along with a new oil pressure regulating valve from local vw dealership, and good news, fault has gone.
Hi, I'm contemplating tackling the regulating valve when/if I can diagnose it as being faulty with the test @mmi mentions above.

Any chance you could send photos of the location of the valve, and the mount you had to move out the way?

Did you need to support the weight of the engine when you moved the mount?

You mention "after finding correct tools", what tools were required? anything out the ordinary?

Cheers
Bob

Hi, I'm contemplating tackling the regulating valve when/if I can diagnose it as being faulty with the test @mmi mentions above.

Any chance you could send photos of the location of the valve, and the mount you had to move out the way?

Did you need to support the weight of the engine when you moved the mount?

You mention "after finding correct tools", what tools were required? anything out the ordinary?

Cheers
Bob
Hi Bob, its underneath near oil filter housing. Engine doesn't need supporting its the support for forward / back motion if that makes sense.

The "special" tool was a long thin t27 or t30, cant think which size it was, just buy a set of them, will make life easier to remove it. It holds sensor in place.

Your sensors will be fine, just change the reg valve, its an updated part so they clearly know.

Back