T6 without Tow-Bar Prep - coding required?

The PF jones module sits next to the battery in the engine bay. There is no need to make any connections under the passenger seat and therefore all wiring goes under the van.

This is all interesting reading My T6 (as pictured) has been at VW New Zealand now for 5 days and they still cant workout how the automatic (factory Fitted) rear door can be made to open when the trailer is on the van. It has a factory fitted tow bar and loom. When I pug my trailer into the socket, the RH indicators flashes fast on the van but nothing on the trailers RH indicator. Also one other thing, This is a Caravelle passenger van and they tell me that I have to buy the Car-net, Apple Carplay software for the radio. Does that sound right? Thanks for any help you can offer.

This is all interesting reading My T6 (as pictured) has been at VW New Zealand now for 5 days and they still cant workout how the automatic (factory Fitted) rear door can be made to open when the trailer is on the van. It has a factory fitted tow bar and loom. When I pug my trailer into the socket, the RH indicators flashes fast on the van but nothing on the trailers RH indicator. Also one other thing, This is a Caravelle passenger van and they tell me that I have to buy the Car-net, Apple Carplay software for the radio. Does that sound right? Thanks for any help you can offer.
Have you tried plugging a different trailer in, the fault maybe with the trailer. Has the trailer got LED lights? These can be problematic too.

Yes the other trailer does the same thing and they both have Hella LED lights with drivers. The big issue is that VW in New Zealand dont seem to know about coding the computer to allow the factory fitted electric tail gate to open while the trailer is being watched by the reversing sensors. They say that to open the tailgate, I have to unhitch the trailer. That got to be BS..

Yes the other trailer does the same thing and they both have Hella LED lights with drivers. The big issue is that VW in New Zealand dont seem to know about coding the computer to allow the factory fitted electric tail gate to open while the trailer is being watched by the reversing sensors. They say that to open the tailgate, I have to unhitch the trailer. That got to be BS..
When the trailer is plugged in, the reversing sensors should be disabled. This is assuming it’s genuine VW trailer wiring. When you select reverse with the trailer hitched on, do you get a graphic display on the head unit of the van & trailer?

No, the display just shows the van. It is genuine or at least that is what I ordered with the van, Factory TB and Wiring. If you are suggesting I should have a graphic of the van and trailer, maybe its not been installed properly.

No, the display just shows the van. It is genuine or at least that is what I ordered with the van, Factory TB and Wiring. If you are suggesting I should have a graphic of the van and trailer, maybe its not been installed properly.
I think you need to eliminate the van or trailer from your enquires. Try plugging in a conventional non-LED Trailer/trailer board in & see if that behaves the same. I’ve had all sorts of problems over the years with LED Trailers. It sounds to me like the van isn’t recognising the trailer. You might have to fit some ballast resistors into the indicators on the trailer to allow the van to see that a trailer is attached.

Back