T6 Tyre Pressure Sensor?

Fidget

Sold
Did a run of 130 miles yesterday and then when i came to leave the old tyre pressure light came on saying rear left. Checked it out and both rears seemed to be fine, 1psi in it but nothing to worry about.

Mines a T6 kombi, lowered 50mm with 20" rims. the tyres on there are HAIDA 275x40ZR20 HD921.

Not sure on the reliability of the sensors as it's my first transporter but also can't find any figures for pressures with these tyres. Has anyone had any issues with the sensors in the past or do you think it's more a case of pressures?

cheers for your help.

Mine pops up now and again. I check the tyres and other than once they've never been low.

I just reset the monitor and forget about it.

It's not a special sensor for tyre pressures, the system computes the wheel circumference changes / differences from the point where you did a 're-set'. This ABS sensors on each wheel are used to detect these changes so if there was a problem with these it would show up as an ABS fault.

If you have driven the van significantly different (speed around bends rough road etc compared to what you usually drive on), this can cause it to come on. Happened to me the other day and has happened in nearly all my newer eve dubs. I always just check and reset.

It doesn’t have direct pressure sensors but uses the abs sensors to measure wheel rotation speed in comparison to each other, if one wheel starts to speed up compared to the others it sees this as a flat/low pressure and flags a warning

So it can highlight an individual tyre as having a pressure loss? I had the pressure loss error last week, but I didn't see an option to show which tyre it was, I just checked them all.

It only show you which tyre when the light first comes on or when you first key on ignition, once engine is running I don’t think you can pull the info back up without keying off and back in again

It only show you which tyre when the light first comes on or when you first key on ignition, once engine is running I don’t think you can pull the info back up without keying off and back in again

Ok that makes sense, thanks :cool:

yeah, that's what happened. now i know what's going on it makes sense.

as for the different driving, yeah, i went from Devon up to Wales with a motorbike in the back.

As he said^

Cool, thanks for that. I've since gone through the reset and had no issues.
Top job.

Thank-you.

Back