T6 Multivan Interior into T5.1 Transporter

Hi everyone, first post on here. I’ve had a look around and can’t quite find the answer I’m looking for.

Is it possible to swap everything from the B-pillar forwards (dash, steering wheel, door cards, seats and maybe even headlining) from T6 Multivan into T5.1 Transporter?

And if it is, approximately how difficult would it be/where would the major headache points be?

I have found a multivan at a wreckers and I’m in the mood for an interior upgrade, just don’t if I’m dreaming or if it’s reality.

Any help is much appreciated

Welcome to the Forum!
Definitely not impossible ;)
For example:

May not be as straight forward as you think, multivan = Caravelle and they have different floors and roof linings and the pillars are adjusted to work with them so you will find the b pillar stops short of the roof lining unless you do that too then if you do the front it won’t finish into the rear unless you do the rear roof lining etc etc, ultimately you will end up with some thing not lining up with some thing else somewhere

Thanks Pauly and mmi,

I think my biggest concern is what you pointed out mmi (i.e. the electronic pixies from the T6 parts not talking to pixies from the T5.1 parts). I've spoken to a guy today who clean swapped all T6 multivan parts (interior, exterior, driveline...everything) into a T5 multivan shell and it works. Just FYI, his name is Amin S Qadadha on VW T5 Australia facebook page, what he has done is impressive!

I get the feeling that even though the T6 interior parts may fit or fit with minor modifications due to multivan into transporter (thinking of doing front heading too Pauly and then modifying/lining the rear maybe) no buttons, stalks or displays will talk to the T5.1 parts that they're meant to be operating.

I guess the question is then: How deep do you have to swap until things will work? Do you have to start swapping driveline and headlights and windscreen washer pump motors, etc, etc, etc because T5.1 versions won't talk to T6 dash? Or can you swap looms within the dash to a point of almost plug and play?

Back