T6 leighton vans kombi. Interior lights stopped working [Resolved]

mattbryson

VIP Member
Hi all,

First post, and I need some electrical help, excuse the length of this, but I'm way out of my depth!

I have a 2018 leighton vans converted kombi. It has interior led celing lights with switches for front and rear , as well as lights in the tailgate that come on when it opens.

At least it did...

I took the switch out that does the rear celing light (was looking at making it a 3 way and fitting another), and must have wired it wrong causing a short I assume.

I now can't get the rear celing lights to work at all, and the interior tailgate lights don't come on when it opens!

What I've done so far...

Check every fuse with a multi meter in the leisure battery under passenger seat, the interior and engine bay.

Found a 5amp fuse in the engine bay that had blown, replaced that, but nothing.

Did a Cap Discharge on the starter battery, and just left the batteries disconnected for 2 hours, but nothing.

Ran a live cable from the leisure battery direct to the acc wire from the switch and the lights come on.

Getting 0 volts via the +ve at the switch, but do get some resistance on this wire between the leisure fuse box and the switch.

Interestingly, the blue led light on the switch illuminates when the tailgate is closed, but not when open.

So, I'm at a loss.

Does any one have any idea how leighton wire these up, diagrams etc?

I've emailed leighton, but not heard back yet.

Any pointers much appreciated

Cheers

Matt

20211020_232853.jpg

20211020_232805.jpg

Back