So when it comes to power supply and ground for the RCM - how do i go about this?!
You can take it from old illumination/manual range control plug.
Black/violet wire ( Pin 4) is the same supply as factory OEM LED setup and obviously GND could be connected to any earthing point or ( Pin 1) of the same plug.

Reactions: mmi
WhatsApp Image 2020-11-17 at 06.16.35.jpeg

i only have this - not the double wheel.

when i google 6Q0941334 i get this - thats right? What about the plug and still picking up power for the RCM?
Capture d’écran 2020-11-17 063657.png

thanks!

Anyone know the correct vw code for the rhd dash only Dimming switch, as I ordered one off autodoc and it’s come as the standard switch with the headlight adjuster as well

View attachment 92103

i only have this - not the double wheel.

when i google 6Q0941334 i get this - thats right? What about the plug and still picking up power for the RCM?
View attachment 92104

thanks!
So i need to change this part right? For the 6Q0941334 which controls the dash luminosity.

Just so im clear - on the wiring side of things how would i then wire this up? im assuming the plugs will be different? or not? And then for the RCM?

sorry for the numerous questions..

So i need to change this part right? For the 6Q0941334 which controls the dash luminosity.

Just so im clear - on the wiring side of things how would i then wire this up? im assuming the plugs will be different? or not? And then for the RCM?

sorry for the numerous questions..
Yes you need to change your manual lights range adjuster only to illumination adjuster only.
Plug is the same as well as the wiring.
You can take it from old illumination/manual range control plug.
Black/violet wire ( Pin 4) is the same supply as factory OEM LED setup and obviously GND could be connected to any earthing point or ( Pin 1) of the same plug.

Reactions: mmi
I had an issue with byte 16, causing a bulb light out, to be on when everything is working OK. Reason was I still had 'Lamp diagnostics for low beam active' turned on, which you don't need with the LEDs. So just turned that off and it was sorted.

The VCDS setting is reversed, i.e. the Tick means off.

View attachment 92062
To clarify what Andy and I did to cure the issue we had (LED lights worked, but not as expected, pulling back on the stalk to flash Main beam would light both dipped and high beam lights on both sides, so we knew they would/should work but neither lamp would light if dipped or high beam were selected)
Andy's Byte 16 was originally 8F (10001111) but as you can see in the screenshot above, bits 0-3 are not an option to change via the tick boxes, so I did a cut & paste and changed Byte 16 to D0 to match Montecha's coding. This cured the problem. I can't remember if we tried DF but I think we did, thus disabling low and high beam lamp monitoring.
I don't know what the change from F to 0 means but it had the desired effect. If anyone else has the same issue I suggest trying this change.
For comparison, My own van (2017 T28 150 with H4 headlights), also has an F in the first part of Byte 16.

Found the meanings for all the bits in Byte 16

Byte 16 Bit 0 Activation low beam via pulse width modulation (PWM) active (Ansteuerung Abblendlicht über Pulsweitenmodulation (PWM) aktiv)​
  1. Byte 16 Bit 1 Activation of fog light via pulse width modulation (PWM) active (Ansteuerung Nebelschlusslicht über Pulsweitenmodulation (PWM) aktiv)
  2. Byte 16 Bit 2 Activation of Daytime running lights via pulse width modulation (PWM) active (Ansteuerung Tagfahrlicht über Pulsweitenmodulation (PWM) aktiv)
  3. Byte 16 Bit 3 Activation of High Beam via pulse width modulation (PWM) active (Ansteuerung Fernlicht über Pulsweitenmodulation (PWM) aktiv)
  4. Byte 16 Bit 4 Lamp Diagnostics for Low Beam active
  5. Byte 16 Bit 5 Lamp Diagnostics for Rear Fog Light(s) active
  6. Byte 16 Bit 6 Lamp Diagnostics for (Separate) Daytime Running Lights (DRL) active
  7. Byte 16 Bit 7 Lamp Diagnostics for High Beam active

I assume bits 0-3 need to be active (unticked or binary 0) for LED lights to work. However if standard filament bulbs are fitted in the rear foglights would bit 1 still need to be a 1? Is bit 1 referring to rear foglights like bit 5 is?
( @Andy_dea or @Montecha , do you have LED rear fog lights? are they working correctly?)

Found the meanings for all the bits in Byte 16
Byte 16 Bit 0 Activation low beam via pulse width modulation (PWM) active (Ansteuerung Abblendlicht über Pulsweitenmodulation (PWM) aktiv)
Byte 16 Bit 1 Activation of fog light via pulse width modulation (PWM) active (Ansteuerung Nebelschlusslicht über Pulsweitenmodulation (PWM) aktiv)
Byte 16 Bit 2 Activation of Daytime running lights via pulse width modulation (PWM) active (Ansteuerung Tagfahrlicht über Pulsweitenmodulation (PWM) aktiv)
Byte 16 Bit 3 Activation of High Beam via pulse width modulation (PWM) active (Ansteuerung Fernlicht über Pulsweitenmodulation (PWM) aktiv)
Byte 16 Bit 4 Lamp Diagnostics for Low Beam active
Byte 16 Bit 5 Lamp Diagnostics for Rear Fog Light(s) active
Byte 16 Bit 6 Lamp Diagnostics for (Separate) Daytime Running Lights (DRL) active
Byte 16 Bit 7 Lamp Diagnostics for High Beam active

I assume bits 0-3 need to be active (unticked or binary 0) for LED lights to work. However if standard filament bulbs are fitted in the rear foglights would bit 1 still need to be a 1? Is bit 1 referring to rear foglights like bit 5 is?
( @Andy_dea or @Montecha , do you have LED rear fog lights? are they working correctly?)

I retrofitted the rear LEDs light clusters, but I think that the fogs (and reversing bulbs) are still halogen?

I have the T6 Led rears - what I call the 'E3' lights and I didn't change any coding for the rear lights.

Byte 16 Bit 1 is a mystery! I'm thinking its front fogs, but they are halogen on both H4/7 and factory LEDs. Could it be how they trigger the cornering light function?

Back